Chapter 7

Sitting on the couch with his headphones in, Dayvon kept his attention on the MacBook Air that rested against his legs

Sitting on the couch with his headphones in, Dayvon kept his attention on the MacBook Air that rested against his legs. Herb ended up sending him a sample of the song they were working on earlier, which Von was currently in the middle of listening to now.

Von was desperately trying to keep his focus on the music, but the smell of whatever dinner Normani had made in the kitchen just kept distracting him. He knew exactly what she was doing, and he was trying his best not to fall for it.

He still was upset with her for not listening to him, but most of his anger had gradually subsided. After taking some time to just think about it while giving True and Dayvon Jr a bath, Von did realize that maybe he sort of overreacted with Normani.

I mean, was it really a crime that she went to the mall with her friends? No. And he couldn't really blame her either. Normani was a grown woman who is capable of making her own decisions. Expecting her to stay cooped up in the house 24/7 was definitely unrealistic; and it certainly wasn't the life Von intended for her to live anyway.

The last thing he ever wanted to do was make Normani feel like a prisoner in her own home. He loved her way too much, and only wanted the best for her and the kids.

He let out a deep sigh, just before the feeling of somebody tapping against his shoulder caught his attention. Von looked up, music still blasting in his ears as he could see Normani standing right in front of him. She had a plate of food in her hands, along with an apologetic look on her face. He could easily tell that she was sorry, which instantly made his heart drop.

"Damn..."

He muttered, immediately taking off his headphones.

"I made you something to eat since I know you were working all day, and you're probably hungry now."

She leaned down, handing him his plate which he took. The food smelled delicious, just as he could see the wings, mac n cheese, and veggies neatly plated for him.

"Damn beautiful, you ain't have ta go all out like this."

He chuckled. Normani just shrugged her shoulders, setting his drink down onto the coffee table.

"Just eat up."

She insisted. He couldn't take his eyes off her, immediately placing the food down in front of him.

"Hold on, come hea'. Let's talk first."

He motioned, wanting her to sit down with him. He just reached out and took her hand with his, gently intertwining their fingers together while bringing her close.

"Are you still mad at me?"

Normani innocently questioned, giving him a hesitant look. He just pulled her right down onto his lap, snaking his muscular arm around her waist.