Chapter 18

I didn't want to keep yall waiting, so here's another chapter 😜😜😜😜

And thanks for all the well wishes guys! I promise I'm not severely hurt from the car accident. People just don't know how to drive in Florida 🙄 LOL

Normani stood in the bathroom with all her makeup products sprawled out onto the counter

Normani stood in the bathroom with all her makeup products sprawled out onto the counter. She had a plethora of expensive name brands that she found herself aimlessly sifting through. The bathroom was filled with steam from the shower she took 10 minutes ago. The smell of sweet lavender mixed with a vanilla scent filled the air.

Her towel was wrapped firmly around her body, along with a pink bonnet that was protecting her freshly pressed hair that was dyed a beautiful soft tone brown. She had some leave out in the front, along with micro links that blended perfectly with her tresses giving her length. The new hair color was something different, and Normani was excited to rock her new style for the special plans she had ahead of her tonight.

It was India's birthday weekend. After weeks of secretly planning the huge surprise party without India having the slightest clue, the anticipation of finally getting to celebrate her best friend was now here. So far, the girls planned on having a small dinner with India at the famous Italian restaurant, Carbone. The restaurant was only 5 minutes away from the venue where everyone else would be waiting to surprise India at her actual birthday party.

Normani couldn't believe that they were able to pull this off. The excitement of making India's special day all about her just rushed through her veins. It had been so hard to keep everything a secret, and not make the surprise obvious. One thing about Normani, she always sucked at keeping surprises a secret. She would find herself way too excited wanting to spill the beans immediately.

"Mani?"

The sound of Von's voice could be heard in the distance. She also could hear the front door closing shut, which meant that he had just gotten back from dropping the kids off at a new babysitter tonight. Usually, Kayla was obviously the go to for babysitting. But since she would be attending India's party, somebody else would have to watch True and Dayvon Jr.