Chapter 17

Hiiii 😚❤️ missed me?

Girllll my life has been hectic chileeee. I was in a car wreck recently which now I'm attending physical therapy for 😭 school has been crazy, but I passed all my classes thank God! 😆😆😆

I've been juggling so much shit but I still ain't forget about you guys❤️❤️❤️ How are yall doing? I hope yall are good!❤️😚!

Placing her foot on the breaks, the engine to Normani's Urus hummed quietly as she parked right outside of Ari's place. Usually, she would pull her car into the driveway and park it next to Ari's vehicle like she always does, but a familiar looking black McLaren was already parked in her spot.

Normani's eyebrows bunched together as she eye'd the car taking up space in the driveway. A wave of suspicion crossed her features. She could've sworn that Herb had a similar looking, if not, the exact same McLaren of his own. I mean, the car was so distinctive with its matte black exterior and tinted windows, it was super hard to not recognize his whip.

Either Ari had a random visitor over who just so happened to have the same exact car as Herb, or Herb was actually here at her house. But there's just no way Ari would allow him over... right?

Ari has always made it known to everyone how much she hated Herb ever since their relationship/marriage ended terribly. And let's not forget how he cheated and had a whole baby on her with another woman. Ariana had done a good job with avoiding him throughout these last few years. As far as Normani knew, Ari didn't want any relations with him at all.

I guess until today that is...

Chewing the inside of her cheek, Normani grabbed her phone from the dashboard before unlocking it. The two girls had made special plans today to prepare for India's upcoming birthday party in a few weeks. It's been 2 months now since India was released from the hospital after getting shot.

The girls knew that India was still recovering from such a traumatic experience, so they wanted to make sure her birthday was special this year. The plan was to throw an intimate party, inviting all of India's close friends and family to celebrate her. Normani even hired an event planner who was scheduled to take them to see potential venues for the party to be thrown. The idea wasn't to have a huge extravagant party. Just something small and sweet where India is surrounded by nothing but love.