heres how it going

i raised my hands in defense...well tried to at least; being handcuffed to a table in the police station isn't the easiest thing to do.

Mrs.Clarkson stared me down while she questioned the living hell out of me. "I told ya I didn't do it," I shouted. She stayed silent then glanced at the doorway before my lawyer walked in and made her leave the room.

She pulled the chair away from the table and sat infront of me, pulling her hands to a fist. "You need to calm down" she started, "throwing a fit isn't going to help your case at all." Her eyes now scanned the pages to the file infront of her. "Especially when they're accusing you of murdering Helix" she finished.

I rolled my eyes and slouched in my seat. "so how long would I be looking at"
"if they find you guilty..Lawrence your facing 18 months" she hesitated as I leaned my head to face the ceiling, "or you can plead guilty"
"No" I spoke. "It would be your best chance-"

"there is no best chance. I'm being held to charges for something I didn't fuckin do. im facing jail because these dumb fucks don't know how to do their job," I lowered my voice, "they convict me, the only way im gettin out is with bail or in a fuckin coffin and you know that"

we sat in silence for a good minute before she spoke again, "pleading guilty..you look at 12 maybe 14 then on good behavior you face parole."
She was serious. "unless they find your innocence Lawerence your doing time"

What the fuck happened to innocent until proven guilty