absent

Kamila pov:

I sat closer to her. I don't like the dark, they didn't tel me that it was going to be dark. She made me smile. "You're scared shitless.." her voice was calm. She didn't seem bothered by the fact she has a complete stranger in her house. "you never said why you came out this far" she sighed and looked back at her laptop for a second.

I was about to speak when the brick flew through the window. He threw it to far. I pulled her arm towards me, her body practically falling onto mine. Her look was concerned, but she still held her guard. she looked over at the broken window, "fuck" she mumbled and ran her hand through her hair. "Well that's great"

She got up and started toward the window. I stretched to get the wine bottle from under her table. She's much taller than me so I had to reach up to her. I managed to and swung the bottle. It hit her head then she fell to the ground.

"You actually did it" Channing laughed and walked over the broken glass. I looked down at the girl. I hated the regret that comes with this job. "yeah whatever" I replied to him as he turned to the rest of the guys he had brought.

"Call someone to fix her window too. You know Helix is rolling in his grave, ain't that right Kamila" he started. I ignored him and picked the girl up then walked the miles to get to my car. I layed her in the backseat, "you know she didn't do it." I turned to look at Bailey who was standing next to the passenger door. "I saw how you looked at her"

"He's putting shit in your head" I replied. "He didn't say anything after you walked. He worried so much about making this seem like it never happened." He said. "We bother know Helix isn't dead." I stared at him then slightly tapped my hand on the open car door. "Even though that's true, Kamila, they're not gonna believe shit we say. And we go down as accomplices, Alicia would be mad as hell."

"I know that. Why do you think she's fucking clueless. It doesn't pay to be a detective and live the way we do Bailey" I finished. "There's no point in saying anything, you're right about that, but Channing..this shit gon catch up to him." I shut the door and walked to the driver side.

"What are you gonna do with her" he asked. I shrugged and he laughed a little. "Why do you figure he says she killed Helix?" He questioned while we both got in the car and waited for it to heat up. "She's well known. She moved all the way over here, he probably thinks she only came out here to hide herself from the murder, even though she didn't do it." I explained. "But you know how Channing is."

We laughed. I started driving back to the house as me and Bailey talked. By the time we got back, the storm was calming down; it wasn't as bad as it was on her side of the town. Bailey carried her inside and tied her to the chair in the guest room since Channing had made it back before us.

Her skin was pale, her hair covered her face, the rain soaked her clothes. "We're taking her out the ropes once he leaves right?" Bailey asked. I nodded my head yes and we left the room.