Stranger in my house

Lawrence pov:

I sat on the couch while on the phone with my lawyer. what didn't make any sense is how they have a warrant without any other proof. After going back and forth for some time, someone knocked on my door.

I hung the phone up and got up. A girl. A small one, looks to be about 5'4, blonde hair, grey eyes. Her clothes were soaked; figures cause it's pouring outside. "can you help me" she asked quietly. She looked like she was gonna cry.

I looked around, not seeing anything that screams 'this is a setup' so I pulled her inside. She stayed quiet until I started speaking.

"why were you in the rain this far from town..you don't gotta car or something?" I asked while looking for a pair of dry clothes to give her. She hesitated, "no."

I looked over at her. She was scared, you can easily tell. I handed her the clothes then showed her where the bathroom was. I sat on my bed waiting for the girl to finish changing. Most the channels on the tv was becoming static. most the channels except the news.

of course. On all days a storm wanted to come, it had to be today. I searched my dresser looking for flashlights just incase the power went out. I found two; well one and a half, the shit won't cut on to its highest setting. I got up and looked through some boxes in my closet.

The girl walked out the bathroom. I took the wet clothes from her hand and threw them on the wash machine. "what's your name?" I asked. "kamila" she replied. Her voice was very quiet, she didn't take much effort into talking.

"you live in town?" I questioned in realization I let a complete stranger in my house. She looked a little like one of my friends but I didn't bring it up. "kind of.." she stopped speaking. I walked away from my closet and stood infront of her. "I was visiting my brother"

"And you got all the way over here..far from town basically going in the middle of nowhere"

She looked up at me. The lights flickered off for a second. I sighed and grabbed the flashlights, handing her one and then going downstairs. She sat close to the edge of the couch. I opened my laptop to see if it would work and surprisingly it wasn't completely trash for once.

I felt her stare on me repeatedly while trying to set my laptop back up so I finally looked over at her. "You're that scared that you're shaking?" I said. I didn't realize how rude it really sounded. She looked away then at the fire place then looked around the living room. You can hear the thunder clearly and see the lightning through the windows and sliding door to the backyard.

she got up and sat next to me. "not a fan of the dark?"
she smiled, "how you put that together?"
"You're scared shitless" I started. "you don't even know me and yet you moved all the way over here," I turned to look at her. "you never said why you're out here this far"

she opened her mouth to speak but the sound of glass shattering interrupted her. She pulled my arm, making my body closer to her. I looked at her before I turned to the broken window. I assumed it was lightning until I saw a brick on the floor.

"well that's just great" I mumbled and started to go to the window until I fell to the floor and everything went blank.