001. ━ aunt marge's visit

chapter one[ aunt marge's visit ]

chapter one
[ aunt marge's visit ]

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 how much power you hold, do you?" The young redheaded girl quirked an eyebrow upward in confusion. "You've spent your entire life in your brother's shadow... you don't have to anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, join me, Isabella Potter. Join me and you will be unstoppable."

"Watch the eggs!"

Isabella Potter jumped when she heard her Aunt Petunia's stern voice and she focused back on the pan in front of her, turning over the fried eggs. She glanced up at her aunt who was glaring at her before turning back her attention outside the kitchen window, spying on their neighbors. Isabella set the eggs on a plate and placed them on the table where her brother, cousin, and uncle were sitting.

"... the public is warned that Black is armed and extremely dangerous," the report on the news was saying making Isabella look at the television. The man whose photograph was on the screen had an incredibly gaunt face and matted shoulder-length black hair. "A special hotline has been set up, and any sighting of Black should be reported immediately."

"No need to tell us he's no good," Uncle Vernon said, looking over the top of his newspaper at the television. "Look at the state of him, the filthy layabout! Look at his hair!"

Isabella let out a breath before tapping her cousin, Dudley's, shoulder informing him of the eggs she had finished which he immediately took three of. She shook her head silently at the sight. Her cousin was rather large for his age and always seemed to be eating. Meanwhile, she and Harry were much skinnier than the average child their age, though that seemed to rectify itself whenever they went back to school.

She glanced over at the calendar that sat on the wall when she noticed that it was hers and Harry's thirteenth birthday. Ever since their parents died when the twins were a year old, their birthdays were never celebrated. The first truly eventful birthday was when they turned eleven and they were given the full truth of their parents' death and their true lineage.

See, Harry and Isabella were a wizard and a witch, as had their parents been before they were killed by a dark wizard by the name of Lord Voldemort. Isabella had no memory of her parents, only of her aunt and uncle who mistreated her and her brother. Sometimes she wondered what life would have been like if they had not died. She spent most of her childhood wondering that. Now, she just wished that she and her brother were still as close as they used to be...

"The Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries will announce today—"

"Hang on!" Uncle Vernon shouted, making Isabella spill a bit of the orange juice she had been pouring onto the counter and Aunt Petunia shot her another nasty look at her clumsiness. "You didn't tell us where that maniac's escaped from! What use is that? Lunatic could be coming up the street right now!"