Chapter 2

"I know you wont be in their long Emma, I'll be watching for you!" Sid yelled to Emma as she ran into the grove. 

   Feeling the heat on his face all the way up to his ears, he knew he was getting red from being frustrated with her. Turning back towards the pub, he stomped off with an annoyed look on his face. Upon reaching the pub, he turned back to see if there had been any movement from the trees off in the distant, but there was nothing. Reaching for the brass handle, he pushes the door open of the Liquid Luxe, the smell of ale being the first thing to hit him. Followed by the sound of chairs being slid across the floor accompanied by some quiet talking from the barmaid and another worker. Its still a bit early for the pub to open, but Madame Craine always has someone there in the mornings to clean up from the night before, incase a patron got sick, or something. Sid made his way to the staircase off to the left of the door entering the pub. The stairs led up to  where there a few apartments, mainly for the workers at the pub, but Sid also had one due to the fact that he would help Madame Craine anytime she needed some muscles. 

   Sid opens the door to his apartment, nothing much to brag about. When you walk in, there is a cot up against the wall with a mangled up blanket on it, indicating that someone had slept in it without making it afterwards. Next to the bed there was a small table with shelves, on top of the table was a mirror, bowl and razor blade. On the shelf of the table, below the mirror was a few towels, some cups with a shaving lather, and a brush. On the other side of the bed was a cupboard. It had drawers along one side that were filled with clothing articles, and there was a door on the other side where he would keep journals and other keepsakes. On top of the cupboard there was 2 half burnt candles, a bottle of whiskey and a few short cups to drink out of. If you looked at the cupboard closely, you could see where the wood had been indented and even chipped in some spots as if something heavy had hit it, and quite a few times. 

   Sitting down on the edge of his cot, he leans over and runs his fingers through his hair, taking a deep breath in, he catches the scent of his own musk from not bathing for a few days. Sitting there thinking to himself about how close him and Emma were as kids, how things are now versus how she was the only one he truly felt understood by. He was always picked on for his red hair, but Emma never treated him different because she was different too. When Sid was with Emma, he felt good, he felt normal, but like all things, eventually they end. As Sid and Emma got older, Sid got more involved with the riffraff of the streets and helping Madame Craine, while Emma got more focused on her studies and learning about plant medicine. Sid watched Emma from afar as time went on, but never stopped wondering about what being with her would be like. 

   All of a sudden, there is a gentle tap on the door. Sid lift his head and calls out, "Who is it?"

   "Its Agatha, open the door." the voice on the other side of the door exclaimed. 

   Sid stood up and walked to the door. Pulling it open, Agatha Fluor was standing there wearing only a chemise. Her butter tan skin looking softer than ever as her long black curls fell down her back. Looking at him with her pale green eyes and biting on her big pouty lip, she give him a bit of a smirk and reaches out to push the door open more. "Well aren't you going to let me in?" she asked, a slight touch of attitude in her question. 

   Sid steps to the side and lets her in. Him and Agatha have been bedding up on and off for well over a year now, but to him it has only been sex. A man with needs, and a woman willing to satisfy them, he seen no harm in it. Little did he know that Agatha did have feelings, she loved his tough guy persona, and would drop everything for him if he asked. 

   Agatha made her way to his cot, tossing herself onto it and making her bosoms bounce. Sid stood there by the door, watching her and looking her body over, licking his lips and thinking about what he would do if she were Emma right now on his cot. Closing the door behind him, he slowly makes his way over to Agatha, unbuttoning his shirt and tossing it over onto the floor beside the cot. His bare torso revealing a scar across his side where he was pierced with a tree branch as a kid while riding horses. Agatha looking up at Sid as he gets closer to her, giving him a devious look, knowing that he is going to give her what she wants.