The adventure continues

{A week later}

Master

I sit by Mark's bed and hold his hand. Donna walks in and places a hand on my shoulder. I sigh and stand up from my spot in his room and walk out of there. I can feel rage boiling inside of me and something else.

I can hear Donna saying something to Mark while she's in there with him. I walk over to a wall as the drumming continues to seemingly grow louder. I clutch my head tightly before slamming my head against the wall.

"Master! Master, stop it!" The Doctor says and pulls me close to his chest. I struggle to pull away from him and punch the wall.

"Let me go!"

"Calm down!"

"Let me go!"

"Master, calm down! You have a son now!"

I stop struggling and lean against him. I sigh and I Donna comes running over and pulls us both into the medical wing and Mark is siting up and holding his head.

I pull out of the Doctor's grip and run over to Mark. I hug him tightly and he rests his head against me. I sigh and close his eyes and I massage his scalp.

"I'm so glad that you're okay."

He smiles and sits up and pulls away from me.

"Doctor, thank you. Master there is no need to cry." Mark says and wipes tears off my face that I didn't know were falling from my eyes.

"You had me worried."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. You never asked for any of this."

"That doesn't change the fact that I tried to kill myself."

"No it doesn't but I'm going to be here for you."

"Thank you."

He gets out of bed and stands up. He's unsteady on his feet and the Doctor and I have to catch him so that he doesn't fall to the floor.

"Easy does it." The Doctor says.

Mark

I close my eyes and wait for my eyes to adjust. I can't see properly, meaning that they aren't aware that they should have taken my contacts out. I reach into my pocket and pull out my glasses and set them next to me and I take out my contacts.

I toss them out and put my glasses on and blink a few times. I can finally see again and sigh as I feel a headache coming on. I reach inside my pocket and pull out my bottle of Advil and place four in my hand and take them quickly.

"Why do you have a bottle of Advil just in your pocket?" Donna asks.

"I suffer from chronic migraines. That and none of you took out my contacts."

I look around and run through the things that the Master and I had talked about before he was recued. I walk out of the medical wing and all three of them follow me.

"Doctor, what do you call the TARDIS?"

"The TARDIS? Why would I call her anything else?" The Doctor asks and I roll my eyes.

I walk over to the console and I gently place my hand down on the console and she opens a compartment and I pull out my backpack and place my hand on the console again and smile.

"Thank you."

An almost happy beep can be heard and the Doctor lets out a breathy laugh.

"She's never done that before."

"You don't apricate her enough."

I open my backpack and pull out my jacket and put it on and smile. I hug myself as the comfort of hoodie overtakes me. I miss the things that I gave up, when I got ready to kill myself and when I came with them.

That realization dawns on me and I hug myself tighter. Donna walks over and hugs me and I stop hugging myself and hug her back. In a way Donna has sort of become like a sister to me and I couldn't be happier.

"Thank you Donna."

"Of course Mark." Donna says.

I pull away from her and ruffle my hair.

"Alright, what's next?"

"Not sure. Why don't you show us around where you're from?" The Doctor asks and I shrug.

"Okay."

They all walk out and I follow them for a bit and then take the lead and take them to my favorite dinner. I treat them all to a bite to eat and lookover at the counter and smile at Alex. Better known as the guy behind the counter.

He smiles back at me and the door opens and I see Seth walk in. He looks over at me and then runs over and I step out of the booth and pick him up.

"Hello, Seth."

"Hello!" Seth says happily and hugs me back tightly. I chuckle and smile as I hold him close to me.

I set him back down and he smiles up at me.

"Who is he?" The Master asks.

"This is Seth. He's a boy from the orphanage nearby."

"How do you know him?"

"We met a year before you all arrived."

Seth stands next to me and I place a hand on the top of his head and Alex walks over and hands Seth a sandwich.

"It's time to go back to school Seth." Alex says and Seth hugs me once more before hugging Alex and running out of the dinner.

I chuckle and sit back down. Alex rolls his eyes and walks back to the counter and comes back with the coffee pot and pours me some more coffee.

"Thank you Alex."

"No problem Mark."

I smile and he walks away and goes back behind the counter. Normally I would be confused as to why he didn't offer the others coffee, but none of them have coffee.

I sit there and close my eyes but snap them open and sigh. The Master places a hand on my back and I look over at him.

"Mark, are you okay?" The Master asks and I nod.

"I'm fine."

"I spent far too many years with you, to know that you're lying."

"I'm fine."

He sighs and pulls me closer to him and I lay my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. Despite the fact that he told me how terrible he once was, I can't help the fact that he's like a father to me. I never knew my father, and I never told him that.

I know that the Master knows that he's a father figure to me, just based on the ending of the letter I wrote to him. So be it. I made my choice and he knows it. I don't care if he want's to acknowledge that fact, but it's known now.

"That bill as been taken care of. There's a room upstairs that you can take him to. I'll help you up there." I can faintly hear Alex say.