Family?

Master

I help lay Mark down on the bed and pull off his glasses and set them on the bedside table. I look up and stare at Alex as he grabs another pillow and places it behind Mark's head.

"You idiot. I told you that you would push yourself too far one of these days." Alex mumbles.

"How do you know Mark?"

"He's my older brother. He took care of me for years, while our mother was out with some new guy each week."

"What about your father?" Donna asks.

"We never knew him. He was never in the picture." Alex says.

"Mark is all you've ever known." The Doctor says and Alex nods.

There comes running up the stairs and the door opens quickly. A woman stands there and Alex walks over and holds her back.

"Jenny, stop." Alex says.

"Who are these people, and what did they do to Mark?" Jenny asks and glares at all of us.

"Jenny the blond is the guy Mark was telling us about when he got back." Alex says and I hold out my hand to them both.

"Hello. My name is the Master."

"Who are the other two?" Jenny asks and shakes my hand.

"Donna Noble and the Doctor."

"God, we've gone just as mad as Mark had."

"Jenny, they're real people." Alex says and I grab Mar'ks hand as his face contorts to one of pain for a few seconds.

"What's going on with him?" Jenny asks.

"I don't know. Let me check." The Doctor says and pulls out his sonic screwdriver and he seems confused.

"What the hell are you doing to our brother? Get that thing away from him!" Jenny states.

"Rude." The Doctor says and puts his sonic screwdriver back in his pocket.

"Doctor, what is it?"

"Well, when I was able to prevent the forced regeneration it caused him to become extremely fatigued. My scan didn't pick it up the first time while in the TARDIS because something about him was able to block my receptors."

"That would be a result of all the test they put him through. I didn't know that it was this bad."

"What are you talking about?" Alex asks.

"He was forced through may things and from what I gathered during the times that I was awake. They tested parts of what they were going to use to make the Cybermen, on him."

"The what?" Jenny asks.

"Cybers are humans that were changed into these metal robots that still hold the consciousness of the person, but the person is dead. They can't feel any emotions, and their goal/purpose in life is to turn others into Cybermen." The Doctor says.

I rub my thumb over Mark's hand and he stirs a bit and wakes up. Mark looks around and I place his glasses back on his face and he blinks a few times. I help him sit up and he places a hand over his chest and takes in a sharp breath.

"Mark! Oh thank god you're okay!" Jenny says and hugs him. Mark hugs her and looks over at Alex and Alex hugs him as well.

When the two of them step back, Mark turns and hugs me and I sigh as I hug him back. He hides his head in my shoulder and I rub his back.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Mark says and pulls away.

I keep rubbing his back some before stopping and standing up. Mark stands up and I sigh. Alex and Jenny try and force Mark to sit down, but he won't.

"Get back to work Alex. Jenny, you need to get back home so that you can be there when your girls get there, after school gets let out."

A while later both Alex and Jenny leave the room and Mark stretches a bit.

"You never mentioned that you had siblings."

"There was never a need to."

"You could have left with me."

"It wouldn't have mattered."

"You could have gotten back to them sooner."

"Or it could have gotten them killed. I don't know what would have happened if I left with you."

The room is quiet and Mark sighs.

"Mark, there is still the chance that you could have gotten back to them sooner and that nothing would have happened to the." The Doctor says.

"It's the past, and I have no intention of changing it." Mark says.

{A month later}

Mark and I wait in the TARDIS for Donna and the Doctor to come back.

"Are you ever going to tell him?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"We're enemies."

"Like hell you are. The two of you are just dancing around each other and have been doing so for thousands of years."

"It's not that simple."

"Neither is me being your illegitimate son. That changes nothing."

"Yes, but unlike you and I being related now. The Doctor and I have a long history of us trying to kill each other."

"You also have a history of being friends and for a while there, a history of being together as a couple."

"We were kids."

"It still happened."

"That doesn't mean that he would ever want to try again."

"Donna, how far behind is the Doctor?"

I look over and watch as Donna walks in.

"About two minutes. Why?" She asks.

"Does the Doctor still love the Master?" Mark asks.

"I would~" Donna gets cut off my the Doctor's hand covering her mouth.

"What have I said about telling others my personal feelings?" The Doctor asks and Donna rolls her eyes.

Doctor

I pull my hand away from Donna's mouth and she walks over to Mark and pulls him to another room in the TARDIS. I look over at the Master and he sighs and rolls his eyes as he looks up and lays his heads on the back of the couch.

"You're never going to let me leave, are you?" The Master asks.

"Do you want to leave that badly?"

"To get away from you? Always."

"Oh come on. I'm not that bad."

"You say that, and yet you clearly haven't ever truly met yourself."

"How rude."

"When am I not?"

I walk over to the couch and sit neck to him. He looks over at me confused, but doesn't make to move away.

"Blimey I'm tired."

"Then why don't you go to sleep?"

"And leave you unsupervised? Master, I'm not stupid."

"I'm not interested in taking over the TARDIS."

"No?"

"No. Being honest, trying to adjust to the fact that I have a family now. It's exhausting."

"It'll get easier."

"Will it?"

"It will."

He nods and closes his eyes. I look over at the control panel and get up to see where we're heading. The Master is quiet and I look over at him to find him asleep. I smile a little and walk back over to the couch and sit next to him again and let my mind wander as I close my eyes and relax.