9. THEY ARE FLOWERS

FALLON WAS ALONE AGAIN, cleaning after people who left her house in trash. her mind was shaking from all of the beer cans she had picked up from the living room alone, she even went crazier when she saw a huge spill on her wooden floor. fallon was a neat freak when she scrubbed the floor with rubber gloves over her arms and the sponge soaked in soap and water.

sweat dripped down from her forehead when her body rocked back and forth violently. she got pissed off even more when the doorbell rang continuously, fallon threw her gloves on the floor but one landed in the bucket.

fallon swung the door open in frustration, "what."

she realized it was dallas holding a bouquet in front of her.

"i got you something." he grinned.

"what?" fallon tiredly responded.

"they are flowers, for you." he said proudly, "you okay?"

fallon shook her head to regain herself, "yeah, come in."

dallas steps into the mess, it looked way different from when he first came. dallas stepped over the trash on the floor as fallon resumed to cleaning the floor.

"hey, hey, stop it." dallas pleaded as he knelt down to reach for her hands.

fallon wiped away her sweat with her arm, "i can't."

"come on." dallas leads.

he removed the gloves from her arms, picking her up off the floor. fallon nearly collapsed when she got up.

"have you eaten anything?" he asked her.

fallon shook her head, "no, not yet."

"jesus fal, it's three in the afternoon." he stated, "let's get you something to eat."

fallon fell onto the couch, confused. she had started cleaning at 10 in the morning but the house had no progress. fallon was going crazy with trying to keep the house intact.

"i'm ordering you a pizza." dallas said.

"dally-"

"no." he cuts her off.

dallas went to the phone, making a phone call. fallon lies on the couch with her legs poking over the armrest. he returns to her, picking up her legs to sit next to her, letting them drop on top of his lap.

"ordered us a cheese, hope that's alright." dallas told her.

"mhm." she hummed, "hey, why did you come here?"

"questions, questions, questions man. i hate it." he complained.

"dally, i asked you why did you show up here in the middle of the day." fallon repeated herself.

"i figured i ask you out on a date but when i saw how tired you were, maybe we could just stay in." dallas shrugged, scratching the back of his neck.

fallon grinned widely, "explains the flowers."

"you know i really like you, i do." dallas started.

"it was so obvious." fallon rolled her eyes before kissing his lips.

she leaves him kissing the air, walking away from him to the bathroom. dallas' cheeks begin to heat up with a little red pigment in them, he didn't know what to do about it because no women has ever made him feel this way before.

while fallon was busy showering from what he could hear from the bathroom, the pizza arrived in time. dallas went to go open the door and was thankful that it was him who opened it otherwise fallon would be head over heels for the delivery boy.

he brought it to her dining table then ran to the kitchen to grab them plates to set them up. he was so proud of himself for making it look likea romantic ounch for him and fallon.

the water stops running and fallon is out of the bathroom with a towel covering her body, dallas could see a portion of her figure as she exited the bathroom, steam flew out of the door.

"damn, i wish i joined you." he smirked.

"you and your dirty jokes." she replied, tone full of annoyance.

fallon went into her bedroom to change up. dallas sat patiently in the dining room, except his leg bounced up and down in boredom. she returns to him with fresh clothes, flared jeans and a blouse with wet hair.

she smiled at him, "this is lovely."

"you know, i tried my best." he brushed his shoulder.

he handed the plate to her where she immediately dug her teeth into them, fallon was so hungry from not eating the minute she woke up.

"slow down, the pizza will still be there." he laughed as he took a bite of his.

"i know but i'm just so hungry." she groaned.

"save some space at least, you still got some dessert waiting for you." he wiggled his brows.

"gross dally, i'm trying to eat here!" she whined.

"yeah yeah, but you know you wanna try it." dallas said, causing fallon to smack him in the head.

they hear noise from the hallway, dallas was confused to what it could be. he thought someone had broken in but then a giant golden retriever jumps out of nowhere, licking dallas' face.

"i didn't know you got a dog!" he exclaimed, petting it.

"his name is boomer, i try to keep him away because andrew's allergic." she explained, "he's in the guest room for a little but i go in to feed him and hangout while andrew is asleep."

"no i mean it's something you've never talked about." dallas said.

boomer lied his head on dallas' lap, using his pleading eyes to give him pizza.

"nobody really asks me, i don't just talk about the things unrelated to the topic." she scoffed.

dallas gently scratched the top of boomer's head.

"hey, he likes you!" fallon pointed out.

"i loved dogs when i was in new york, sometimes i'd share my food with the strays when no one was around." he told.

"usually when boomer isn't out when people are here, he doesn't like them. he would just hide somewhere." fallon said, "guess you're not so hated after all."

"you know you love me." dallas teased.

it felt so great to finally see boomer come out of his comfort shell which was the guest bedroom, fallon always wanted him to come out after everyone left but she'd end up hanging out with him in there until she felt tired and it was time for them to go back to her bed.

but it felt even better when she realized that dallas wasn't the type of man everyone described him as.

𝐖𝐇𝐘'𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇?