15. CAN'T BE

DALLAS MADE UP WITH FALLON AFTER A WEEK AND A HALF OF AVOIDING HER, but he avoided telling her about what mitsy said the other day. fallon had no clue even though everyone from the gang knew. they all kept it a secret in order to not break up fallon and dallas or increase the chances of doing so.

to clean up the act, dallas took fallon out for dinner at a pizza place away in downtown tulsa. it was dallas' favorite place because it was the closest thing he had to new york pizza.

fallon rips out a piece of her slice using her teeth, dallas laughs when her mouth opens from the heat.

"hot!" she shrieked.

dallas leaned in and blew into her mouth, fallon's smiles at the sight.

"no making babies in here, you hear!" a man scolded.

dallas and fallon began laughing after getting yelled at.

"so," fallon calmed down, "what's next?"

dallas shrugged with a devil's smirk, "dessert."

"dally!" fallon giggled.

"whatever, am i staying over tonight?" dallas asked.

"you don't have to ask me anymore, we've been together for long enough that you can stay whenever you want." fallon answered.

dallas nodded while picking up the folded triangle with greasy cheese slobbered all over it. the grease slipped from the corners and spilled onto dallas' t-shirt, he made a loud grunt when he felt the hot liquid drip onto his shirt.

fallon handed him a napkin but it wasn't enough to savor the shirt. dallas ended up getting up to go to the bathroom to clean up the mess, leaving fallon sitting alone at the table with the dim light hanging over her head.

to her surprise, she noticed mitsy walking in with her group of girlfriends behind her, they all laughed and giggled on their way in. mitsy spots fallon who immediately looked the other way. fallon knew about mitsy and was not fond of what she heard, while mitsy knew about fallon and dallas from a friend of a friend.

while mitsy's minions kept company of the hostess, she made her way to fallon's table with a grin.

"fallon westersen!" she called out.

fallom turned her head to the sound, "hey mitsy."

mitsy's hand leaned against her table, shifting the table.

"i see you're with dally, huh?" mitsy innocently asked.

"um... yeah, is there a problem?" fallon nervously chuckled at her question.

"oh no not at all, it's just that he missed the appointment for our kid." mitsy shrugged.

fallon nearly choked on her spit, "a kid? i didn't know dally had a kid."

"well the baby isn't here yet, silly!" mitsy laughed in her face, "we're expecting soon, i thought he would've told you by now."

"no, he didn't." fallon glared at dallas who returned.

mitsy turns around to face dallas, "oh hey, dally!"

dallas grabbed fallon by her arm, "we're out of here."

"no." fallon said, yanking her arm away from his grip.

dallas looked at fallon who took her time grabbing her things, his attention turned to mitsy who was already leaving to get back to her friends. he knew exactly what had just happened, he knew this would happen too.

fallon pushed her fist into his abdomen, dallas loses a second of air before getting up to follow fallon out of the shop. the hostess yells at them for leaving without paying but they ignored.

"fallon, what she said wasn't true!" dallas tried to explain.

fallon ignores him and walks to the bus stop.

"can you let me explain?!" dallas blew up.

fallon faced him but was in no mood for it.

"i'm not the dad, she's been making that shit up to get back at me for being with you." he sighed, "i haven't been near her for months, maybe even a year and you know that i wouldn't do something like this."

"i trust you, i trusted you a lot. i ignored what everyone said about you and all the women you used to be with, why do i get this after all of that?" fallon cried.

"fallon, none of that was true and will never be." dallas assured her.

"how long ago did you know she was pregnant?" fallon questioned him.

dallas hesitated, "a few days ago."

"and you didn't tell me that she came to see you? i thought we were going to be open with each but it's so obvious that you kept this from me." fallon said.

"because if i told you it would hurt you." dallas responded.

"well keeping a secret from me hurts even more, especially when i'm your girlfriend." fallon added, "it just can't be."

"fallon, i'm sorry." dallas apologized.

fallon shook her head, "just take me home, please."

dallas nodded as she followed him to his car but did not let dallas touch her at all when he tried to wrap his arm around her shoulder. the car ride home was like absolute hell for dallas.

fallon did let him stay for the night although he was not allowed to sleep in her room, he took his place on the couch. meanwhile, fallon lied on her side sobbing into her scrunched up blanket against her chest, this was just the start to her downfall.

 meanwhile, fallon lied on her side sobbing into her scrunched up blanket against her chest, this was just the start to her downfall

𝐖𝐇𝐘'𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇?