17. FUNNY

PONYBOY AND JOHNNY VISITED FALLON AT HER PLACE TO CHECK UP ON HER after hearing about what happened with her and dallas. she was fairly okay but busy, busy with babysitting andrew who kept himself companied by the toys he surrounded himself with.

johnny helped himself to the kitchen while ponyboy hung around in the living room, playing with the action figures and robots andrew brought over. fallon was on the couch watching the news. she hears the news of margaret thatcher's win in the election as the leader of the british conservative party.

"congratulations margaret thatcher." fallon said to herself in a british accent.

"why do you watch that stuff, it's boring." ponyboy complained.

"i really don't know," fallon shrugged, "it's funny."

they hear the faucet running in the kitchen, johnny was washing his dish.

"oh johnny, you don't have to do that!" fallon told him from the living room.

"let him be, he just wants to make sure he's useful." ponyboy said.

andrew got up and ran into the hallway, "i have to potty!"

"so how's everyone? it's been a while since i've seen them." fallon asked.

"we've been okay, sodapop was wondering why you've been so distant lately." ponyboy added.

"i just don't want dally getting the idea of me and soda, soda's a great guy of course but you know how dally can be." fallon answered.

ponyboy nodded, "makes sense."

"you can't just avoid him though, he's your friend at the end of the day."

"i guess you're right but i just can't deal with another screaming battle with dally." fallon whined, "it's never over until you make him feel like he's the winner of the argument."

"it's just him being stubborn, don't get yourself overwhelmed." ponyboy reminded her.

johnny walks out of the kitchen at the same time as andrew who had just came back from using the toilet.

"wash your hands?" fallon asked andrew.

he rapidly nodded when he got down on the ground again.

fallon got up to go check her mailbox. her hands reaches all over the mailbox to check for the important stuff but she has got none so far, she retrieved her hand before getting back inside.

she shivers a little, "how'd you guys get here with no complaints, it's freezing out!"

"when you walk everywheer on a daily basis, you get used to it." johnny chuckled.

"i thought you guys were hanging out with two-bit?" it was more of a question then a statement.

ponyboy waved his hand off, "that's later later, he's passed out right now."

fallon snickered.

time passes, ponyboy and johnny had left minutes ago to go watch the sunset while fallon stuck around with andrew. his parents were running later than usual, it was no big deal and fallon didn't mind andrew still being there.

however, it did get to the point where andrew was bored out of his mind and didn't want to touch any of his toys. he fell asleep next to fallon on the couch, laying his head in her lap while she waited with him. fallon played with his little blonde hair, it was to remind him that she was still there.

mr. and mrs. folker eventually arrived but an hour late, they didn't even sound or looked sorry when they showed up at her front door step.

mr. folker handed fallon 20 dollars in cash for just the four days she had been watching andrew, "thanks again, fallon."

"my pleasure." fallon nodded through a fake smile.

andrew looked back with his tired eyes as his parents dragged him to the car. she didn't feel anything but sorry for the kid.

𝐖𝐇𝐘'𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇?