December 10

Daisy's P.O.V.

I feel someone's breath on my neck and my leg wrapped around someone's leg. I slowly open my eyes and see Marcus. Fuck. Marcus.

I jump and I guess that wakes him up.

"Daisy?", he croaks and I understand we both fell asleep in our clothes. I rub my forehead and I remember some of the sentences he told me last night.

"It's alright. Calm down. Nothing happened.", he assures me and I nod.

"I'm sorry.", I croak, running my fingers down my face.

"Don't apologise. You haven't done anything."

"I.. I have to use the bathroom."

"Just go ahead.", he tells me and I walk in the bathroom, wanting to slap myself hard.

I splash my face with cold water, trying to breathe properly. Did I embarrass myself last night? Many thoughts are running through my head as I try to look decent by splashing cold water on my face. As I'm done, I see Marcus as he's waiting outside.

"Are you alright?", he asks genuinely and I nod.

"I'll come soon. I made you a coffee. It's a mocha from the sachet, but I know you drink it."

"Thank you."

"Stop thanking me. Please."

As he walks in the bathroom, I go to the living room and see Advil, a glass of sparkling water and a coffee.

I smile to myself, taking Advil and drink the whole glass of water.

"May I have one more glass, I'm really thirsty?"

"Of course!", he pours one more glass and sits next to me.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Really. I thought it would be worse.", I admit and he chuckles.

"It's not like I feel any better, but I'm pushing."

He takes a sip of his coffee and looks at me.

"Daisy, about last night...", he trails off and I stop him.

"I apologise. Everything came back to me. Clouded, but I remember some things. I remember dancing.", I say as I blush and he lifts my chin.

"Don't blush. It is what it is. We had a good time. As you said, we loosened up."

I smile and tuck my hair behind my ear.

"I'm sorry if I bothered you last night."

"You didn't. We fell asleep and that's all."

"Then, we haven't talked about the resignation letter."

"I talked to Ruth. She started talking about us, as teachers and I realised that we are really good at our job. Then, money is also one of the major reasons. You know how you have to inform them 2 months before. And then, you have to meet up the accountant and many other things in order to obtain money and many other things. Maybe we would even have penalties and we really can't afford it now. That's why I did it and I'm not sorry. "

I contemplate a bit and realise he's right.

"I have to admit that you're right. "

He smiles and opens a bag of crisps.

"They say it's good to eat something salty after a rough night. "

"They are totally right. Anyway, I have never asked you.. I mean, I remember.. Erm.. The kiss."