Episode 2- Die?

"Can we open the back door?" Ashlyn asks, looking nervous.

"It's blocked!" Someone behind me replies.

I wasn't even paying attention anymore. I was saying my prayers and goodbyes.

I'm sorry world. I know I'm a bit of a bitch, but that doesn't mean I have to die. Right? Sebastian, I'm sorry I have to join you so soon. I know you were hoping for at least a year of peace and quiet wherever you are. Kameron, I think you'll be glad with the way I went out. Logan, now you'll finally be able to show me how to ride a motorcycle. If they even have those in Heaven, or Hell. Mom, I know things were rough with us during your last years on Earth, but now we'll have an eternity to make things right. Dad, I hope I don't go to Hell just so I don't have to see you there.

All these thoughts raced in my head within seconds. "W-what do we do??" Logan asked, crying like Niagara Falls is coming out of his eyes. "Die?" Aiden says. Not even a moment later the phantom lunged at us. Everyone screamed, and I vaguely remembered Aiden grabbing me before we were sucked back into our real world.

* * *

I sat up suddenly, ready to call for one of my brothers. Only to realize that they weren't there, and that I was alone. Thanks reality. For the unnecessary wake up call.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the buzzing of my phone. It was our group chat. Intended for our group project, but used for something entirely different.

We're alive, barely

Glasses:

Everyone okay?

Long hair:

👍

Pac-man:

Lol that was close

Y/N:

all good

Peacekeeper:

Physically yes

Jerk:

Mentally no

Chill man:

Did anyone finish the homework?

Jerk:

Homework?

Pac-man:

Y/N?

I look over at my stack of homework. Something I haven't even touched since I got home. Normally my homework is the first thing I do when I get home, but I was so winded from work that I never even gave it a second thought.

Y/N:

Sorry guys. It looks like you're gonna have to fend for yourselves.