Chapter 22: Meeting Ryan

Sebastian p

Sebastian p.o.v

It took nearly a day to meet this fucker, and he was acting strangely the entire time I was here. I checked my wristwatch, and it was 11:00 p.m.

Ryan sat across from me, leaning his head back over the headrest. His eyes were partially open as he stared at the ceiling for the past hour.

He held a glass of whisky in his hand but did not take a sip. He did not touch a single grain of rice on his plate. He was just sitting there like a sculpture, which annoyed the crap out of me.

I booked this private cabin in the city's most expensive Italian hotel specifically at his request because he was uncomfortable in his seven-star club.

And it still was not worth it. I always witnessed a half-naked Ryan digging inside a woman whenever we met, but today he even shooed away the two women who were supposed to accompany him over a drink, which made me very concerned about him.

Because of my ex-fiancee Rebecca, Ryan developed a sexual disorder called nymphomania. He was one of the many slaves she purchased at mafia auctions and black markets. One more reason to despise these auctions.

During his slavery, he was brutally exploited by a number of women before meeting me. Rebecca brought him on vacation specifically to make me jealous. But little did she know that day, she had made the biggest mistake of her life.

"You know Demitri contacted me at auction through one of their brokers, Xavier William. Their new heir, Nicolas Dimitri, wants his cargo of guns and explosions to dock at one of your territory's ports. They asked for my assistance, and I promised to put together a team to assist them in transferring the assets via road," I breathed out uninterestedly as I cut a small portion of my steak with a knife.

"Hmmm," he hummed in response, but said nothing. His attitude was getting on my nerves, but I kept my cool and focused my attention on the food on my plate.

"The cargo is said to be worth approximately $600 million. They offered me ten percent, like sixty million, along with their friendship......and I accepted it," I said softly, dragging the last line just to catch his expression while chewing meat.

"Hmmm," he hummed again, and I lost my composure. I clutched the cutlery in my hand, my brow twisted in rage.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Ryan?" I am here to discuss some business; I have been waiting to meet you for two days, and you are ignoring me like a barking dog. What is wrong with you, man--Bang!?" I let out my frustration in an irritating tone, followed by a fist strike on the table.

Action finally drew his attention. He finally sat up straight and looked at me, frowning.

"I am sorry, Seb...um, I am not sure what is wrong with me. I can not get interested in anything. There is someone...who clouded my head these days twenty-four-seven. I'm...I am developing an unhealthy addiction to her, and it is so intense that I do not want to touch any other girl," he admitted apologetically, resting his head on the table. He appeared to be having an internal conflict of thoughts.

"Her?!" I was surprised because this was something new that had happened in the last seven years. He lifted his head from the table and peeked at me; he looked miserable. Ryan's eyes were filled with emotions that I had never seen before.

"She is just a girl, right?" I will get over her in a few days, and we will talk about why we are here. Damitri's new heir is unknown to us, and I recommend that you help him and form a bond with him. So we learn about their power and who is on our side and who isn't-"

"-They are creating fuzz in my territory from last years. They took so many baits from right under my nose. They even bribe one of your assassins so they can get their hands on you. Will you let them off the hook? I know you are thinking of doublecrossing them; leave that to me-"

"-Assemble a team and help them pass through my area, and I will send my men to stage a raid; after that, you will be able to gain Dimitri's trust-"

"-Set up a meeting with him and learn more about him. Six hundred million is nothing compared to the information we receive...and if you still want that cargo, I guarantee you will get it. After all, I would been working in the Mafia for years, so I know my way," he confidently planned. He winked at me jokingly and wore a wide grin on his face.

I sat in silence and thought about it, while he calmly drank from his glass. I appreciate how he knows me as a best friend should.

"Hmm, I like that idea. Let us proceed to this...and who is that girl?" I agreed, but curiosity drove me to question him.

"No one, just one more slave I bought at the auction," he said calmly, but he could not hide his inner turmoil. He gripped the glass with more force than was necessary, and it shattered in his hand. Blood was gushing from his hand, but he ignored it.

"Watch out, idiot!...Is there anyone? "We need help with first aid," I exclaimed, and a maid entered through the door, carrying a first aid kit. She treated his wound, wrapped it neatly, and then left.

He was sitting silently, staring blankly at the side wall.

"Have you ever felt like someone is gaze penetrated your soul? It is as if you are watching your past suffering in her, and when you are with her, time stops for you.

"-Have you ever felt bound to someone for no apparent reason? Do you ever find peace with someone whose mere presence makes you feel safe, or whose glare can tame your inner beast...huh? "Tell me, Seb, have you ever felt that way?" he asked me calmly, his voice low and soft. He appeared lost at the moment.

I could not help but remember the first time I met Erika in that elevator. It was the same as he described. I felt my throat dry as my heart rate increased in response to the reminder.

"No!" I responded sternly.

"You are lucky, because it felt like hell. It felt like craving something you did not deserve, or like touching a lotus with a dirty hand...when you should not have. It must remain pure as always, right? "Seb," he continued, and his philosophy dug a hole in my mind.

"Get a hold of your emotions and get back home early, Ryan; I believe you need some rest," I said as I left my seat and walked towards the door.

"GoodBye and take care," I farewell him and he nodded in response.

"I'll--I'll," he murmured softly before lying down on the couch to rest. I left him there to return to the castle, but his words flooded my mind with memories of that woman.

****************