leverage

"i just wanna get high with my lover."

"It's not..."

"It's not here." You whispered, rummaging your hand around the empty desk and finally letting panic set in. "Shit. Not in my bag, not in my desk, where the hell did I leave it?!"

Kaveh curiously approached you, moving to stand next to you. "You look like a rat searching through the trash right now."

"Shut it." You frowned. "I'm looking for something. I left it here and now it's gone!"

"Can't you just buy a replacement?"

Quickly standing up and moving your hand in a punching motion, the taller blonde flinched and hid his face in his hands. "Okay, chill the fuck out! I didn't mean it!"

As other students rushed into the classroom and took their seats, you sighed in resignation and watched Kaveh nervously return back to his seat. It's... whatever. I'll just ask Mr. Morax if he saw it and maybe he put it in the office, or something. Yeah. That's all. He probably has it--

The sudden appearance of a lined paper on your desk startled you, a frantic yelp escaping your throat causing the entirety of the class to turn and look at you as if you were some sort of alien. The squeaking of a marker against the whiteboard halted in favor of your teacher turning to glare at you.

"Sorry. I'm sitting." You awkwardly smiled and waved a dismissive hand at everyone. "Continue. That one's my bad."

Morax turned back to the board and continued his lecture, completely dismissing your foolishness and stealing the class's attention once more. However, your focus was completely on this mysterious note that'd appeared on your table. Did somebody slip this here while I wasn't looking... or something? Unfolding the  paper, you squinted your eyes to stare at the neat handwriting written lightly in grey lead.

It's truely a shame when beloved things go missing, isn't it?
Meet in the empty classroom after class.

You found your eyes dimming in anger as you let them flicker around the room in an attempt to locate the thief who'd stolen your journal.

Wait.

E/C met violet and it seemed as if the fog in your mind cleared up, a fiery anger replacing the confusion and mystery behind the note. You mouthed, "did you give this to me?!"

You watched him pass you a sly smirk before reaching into his bag and pulling out your journal. You nearly banged your fist onto the desk at this, enraged.

Waving the journal around like a flag, he grinned and mouthed, "the note."

"Fuck you." You mouthed back.

He shrugged, turning back to the board to focus on the lecture.

You wanted nothing more than to strangle this magician until his face turned into magnificent shades of blue.

--

Opening the classroom door, you let out an audible "huh?" at the emptiness of the room. The blinds were tightly shut, letting only small streaks of light enter and allowing a rather darker and more eerie atmosphere.