unlikely

"everything looks better from above my king."

Yawning in class and resting your cheek in your palm, you fought off the irresistable urge to sleep in class.

Baal's class was chilly, bland and monochromatic walls that held minimal decorations such as posters or required papers like emergency evacuation plans. Her voice matched this monotonous design, as if it were a melody lulling you to sleep. Even worse: this was your first period class.

Your eyes felt droopy and weighed heavy on your face, comically blinking each eye subsequent to each other instead of in unison. Letting your head droop and nearly fall onto the desk, you found yourself being halted by a crumpled up paper flying at your head.

Huffing and turning towards the direction of this weaponized lined paper, behind you, you glared at your tormentor. "What?" You whispered.

Lyney frowned. "Part of the agreement was that I'd stop you from performing any level of misconduct. Me letting you doze off is a clear violation of the deal."

"Fine." You scoffed, turning your head back around and slumping down in your seat.

A tinge of remorse rattled Lyney once he realized the true cause of your sleepiness. Was she really thinking about it all night? What the hell did she even write? Violet eyes drifted to the coffee cup on his desk and then to the back of your head.

Fine.

--

At the chime of the bell, you watched everyone energetically stand up and leave in a stark contrast to your obviously fatigued state. It didn't take a genius to see that you didn't get anywhere near enough sleep.

However, you lifted an eyebrow at the sight of a paper coffee cup being gently set onto your desk and a hand being extended towards you. Rubbing your eyelid and looking up, you grumbled at the sight of the dreaded boy.

"I'm not sick, but, you can take the lid off if it really matters to you." He spoke. "Come on. Time to go to your next period."

"Did Mr. Morax seriously hire a babysitter for me?" You sarcastically questioned, taking a swig of the coffee just to unexpectedly get hit by the aggressive bitterness. "Shit, this is bitter."

"It'll wake you up." Taking your wrist in his hand, he carefully pulled you off your chair and placed the coffee in your hand.

"Can't you like, teleport me there or something with your magic?" You joked, ignoring the hand still holding your wrist.

"Not how it works." He deadpanned. "Come on."

You totally let him drag you to your next class.

~

shoes (no s) 🤓

Kaveh
y/n.

Kuni
no because i KNOW i wasnt the only person who saw that shit.

Ajax
y/n WHY WERE U AND LYNEY HOLDING HANDS
I THOUGHT HE WAS BLACKMAILING YOU
WHERE R U