Things Have to End

The scout team comes back not long after Karin leaves. Starrk embraces Ichigo. He didn't say anything once he saw Ichigo standing there, just merely took him into his arms like an old friend or something more. Ichigo holds him back until the older Espada pulls away. He puts his hands on Ichigo's shoulders and gives him a tired smile.

"You've gotten taller," he observes. "And older."

Ichigo laughs. "And you look not a day older."

"Perhaps it's best that you age and I don't."

"Perhaps."

"Kurosaki," Ulquiorra nods in acknowledgement. Starrk steps away from Ichigo.

"Ulquiorra."

"What are you doing here?" Starrk asks.

"I'm here to help. Grimmjow was telling me about the camp you two were checking out."

"Ah, yes. Ulquiorra can tell you about it. I need to let Lilynette stretch her legs. She's been stuck in weapon form."

"Of course. You should take the girl with Nel with you and Lilynette. She needs to be around someone who at least looks her age," Ichigo says.

"Who is she? She has your face but not your hair."

"Well, not all the Kurosakis are blessed."

Ulquiorra narrows his eyes like he doesn't understanding what that means. Starrk does and grins at the comment.

"Your sister?" Starrk guesses.

"The angry one."

"You have more than one sister?"

"Just two. They're twins."

"I didn't know that."

Ichigo laughs. "No offense, but when we met, I was not going to present more people for Aizen to use against me."

"That makes sense."

"You still didn't kill the one who wronged your woman," Ulquiorra states.

"Well, I definitely can't kill him now. Look at him."

Grimmjow is hovering over his desk, copying down his scout team's findings. He reads their notes and mumbles under his breath. Szayel helps him, and they talk shop together. He calls the sisters over and checks on their health once more, asks them for any information they might've learned while stuck in the camp, and then sends them away to get some rest.

Starrk gives a gruff sound of agreement. He claps Ichigo's shoulder.

"At least you're not ready for blood anymore."

"Oh, I'm not so sure about that," Ulquiorra says with no emotion whatsoever.

They give him a look but don't say anything. Starrk takes his leave to find Karin. Ulquiorra stays beside Ichigo.

Rukia is fussing over the papers methodical placing that no one else seems to understand other than Grimmjow. She's making marks on a spare map of the larger one Grimmjow has. Omor is beside Hell's Princess to ensure she's heard and taken seriously. Chad and Inoue are doing their best to follow along, but Rukia's understanding of maps and battle plans are too far superior for literally anyone in this room to follow easily.

The clansmen, thankfully, stay back from the mess and watch. Ichigo thinks they've got the right idea in not getting too close. Kisuke is nodding along like he's listening, but who knows how much information he's actually retaining. He's probably lost in thought. The possibility is confirmed when he glances over at Ichigo.