Chapter 3: Dancing with T.O Wally

Idea by Vaquero_Wally
(Hope you had a lot of patience for this!! Thank you for the suggestion!)

(This takes place in a universe when T.O Wally doesn't eat your life, but keeps you as their neighbor.)

You live in your house, not able to come back to your real home, but you didn't want to anyway. You sit in your home, bored and don't know what to do, when suddenly a letter gently flies in your house by your mail slot. You notice the colourful envelope and pick up the letter. Opening the letter, you notice it's from T.O Wally.

"Hello neighbor, I was wondering if you'd like to have a dance party with me and the others? Please write back.
-Wally @xͯ)"

Well, since you got nothing better to do, you decide to go. You instantly wrote back:
"Sure! I'll be right there!
-Y/N 🗝"
You go to your room to get changed, and you head out to where the dance is.

You notice T.O Julie dancing like she was listening to rock music, as T.O Barnaby chuckles at the sight of it; with T.O Frank & T.O Sally shaking their heads in disappointment, but you knew deep down it was a bit funny to them. You see T.O Eddie, T.O Poppy, & T.O Howdy chat with eachother about something, but you don't want to eavesdrop in the conversation. Finally you notice T.O Wally staring at you eerily, and began to walk up to you.

"Hello neighbor, I'm glad you got here." T.O Wally smiled, tilting his head as he stared at you with his unblinking button eyes. You wave at him while also saying your hello's. The party went on like every party you've been to with your Other Neighbors, although it felt a bit different than last time; you can't put your finger on it, but it all felt off.... Doesn't matter now, it's all in the past.

As you're having fun the party, with some people dancing, T.O Wally looks at you.
"Y/N, would you like to dance with me?" he asks, reaching his hand out to you in hopes of saying yes. You look at his hand and at him, seeing how somewhat excited he is about dancing with you; you couldn't say no, so you take his hand and brings you in the circle where the dancing is happening.

You couldn't describe it (neither can I), but it felt so.. Relaxing; being slow and fluent like ribbons flowing in the wind. You felt lost in T.O Wally's eyes as you danced underneath and in front of the stars, feeling like you're in a trance. You felt a bit limp, slowly feeling exhausted as you continuously stare into his eyes. You feel like he was changing, but you weren't quite sure about it. He felt like he was towering over you, hearing the slight cracks and creaks of wood; you weren't certain if he had antler-like branches sticking out of him, or if it was just the trees.

Suddenly, you snap out of the trance by the sound of T.O Poppy saying "Oh dear, it's getting close to curfew, should we go before it gets any darker?". You look at her, getting your composure and letting go of T.O Wally after the dance.

"Oh my, it sure is; isn't it?" T.O Wally spoke monotonely, like always, and looks at you. You look back at him, and notice him holding your hand. "Well, I'm glad I got to dance with you, even though it didn't last long." he continued, staring at you with a genuine smile. You smile back at him, as you hold his felt hand as well. "Yeah, I had fun as well." you said, ready to go back to your house.

"We should get going, it's getting darker." you said as you began to leave, waiting for T.O Wally to catch up. He does, and you both walk together strangely. He wanted to talk more about something, but he didn't say anything and kept walking with you. Once you reach to your house, he waves at you goodbye, and so do you.

It felt so nice, and yet.. Eerie and strange, as if it was the beginning of something..

(A/N: Hello!! Sorry for taking a while to make this, new years was pausing the story. Sorry if it's also short as well, I didn't have much energy of creativity, but it'll come back! Again, thank you Vaquero_Wally for recommending this story idea, it was really fun to write!
Take care, have a happy (late) New Years, and know that your Other Neighbors love you!)