Chapter 27

Chapter 27: Gender Struggles

Hours of yin: 3-5 am

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Hua Cheng whispered to your ears, and your pupils widened, eyes twinkling. Once he let go you put a finger under your chin

"What do you think, jiejie?" He played with your hair while waiting for your response

"I'm in" You smirked "The preparation will start tomorrow, are you okay with it?"

"Yup, no going back. This is for A-Lian after all."  Hua Cheng prepared a surprise for Xie Lian but he wants you to help him, he trusts your judgement as his jiejie.

"I'll come pick you up tomorrow at the hours of yin, wait for me outside"  With a hoarde of butterflies circling him, he slowly disappears staring at you with a soft smile.

When he was gone you just realized that the bowl in your hands were gone, when you looked down there was none. It was then that in the corner of your eye, a pair of silver butterflies already threw away the "fruit" salad Xie Lian made below the hill and gently placed the bowl on the ground then disappearing into thin air.

You breath a sigh of a relief when Hua Cheng already let his butterflies took care of the mini problem. You picked up the bowl, already hearing the voices of Qi Rong yelling.

Once you entered, Xie Lian was already sitting on the floor with his legs crossed, peeling potatoes and many potato skins beside him on the left, to his right is the basket filled with potatoes waiting to be peeled.

Big claps to Rouye for still holding the bitch down, Qi Rong was trying to get close to Xie Lian with knitted brows and red face from anger

It was a hilarious sight until you saw the freshly peeled potatoes next to the potato skins. It doesn't look like potatoes at all. It looked like unnatural shaped rocks!

The shapes were undefined, when you squinted your eyes to see the "potato skins" they weren't just the skins but also the flesh.

"Cousin prince! Does the task require the flesh too!? You're not peeling them but you're also slicing them!" So that was why Qi Rong kept on yelling

Xie Lian hummed while "peeling" the potato skins, ignoring his cousin berating him.

"Peeling potato skins require minimal force. You have to slowly and gently slice off the skin! Not the flesh too!" Qi Rong didn't stop. Guzi was playing with the potato "skins" too busy to care for what's happening.

"Heh, i'm surprise you know the method" you finally spoke "Of course i do!" Qi Rong hmphed

"I know because i watch my servants peel off human skins before they cook my food!" What a good way to ruin the atmosphere, Qi Rong.

"Are you a cannibal?" you quirked your brow "He is. Baobei, just ignore him" Xie Lian's words added to Qi Rong's rage

"Ignore!? IGNORE!? I might be a lowly cannibal in your eyes but cousin prince, i know the kitchen better than you! (Name) Wu, what do you think of his peeling method!? You're an expert! Go on, tell him!"

Xie Lian halt on his peeling and the entire room's eyes are focused on you. Like the court waiting for the judge's verdict.

"Hate to break it to you but A-Lian, but that's the wrong way"

The second after you said that, Qi Rong went to laugh mockingly at his cousin. Xie Lian grew bashful and lowered down the potato he was peeling and the knife.

"Ahem, although i agree your cousin is a madman, he's right on this one" You placed the bowl on the table before approaching Xie Lian then sitting down on the empty space behind him.