Chapter 3

There were things Miguel was always certain of in life. His intelligence, routines, and his ability to always find solutions to each scientific problem that was sent his way.

Love..

That was not something he ever thought he could achieve, much less hold onto.

Not until recently.

"I've always thought you were adorable."

"How do you not see it, you're built like a machine, it's awesome!"

"Do you want to come shopping with me on Saturday? I'll get you some of those empanadas you really love on our way back. Promise!"

"You're a genius, I have no doubt you'll figure it out."

These are all statements that have left your lips and further convinced him that you were an angel created just for him. Seeing you that day so flustered and dazed from his kiss had done something to him. Since then he's been a bit hesitant to initiate anything more. The truth is, he wants you to make the first move, but he knows you're very conscious of his quirks. You've never so much as touched him unless he did so first. He feels like you're restraining yourself just because of him. He wants to tell you that it's okay.

If there is anyone he'd like to feel, it's you.

But how does he put that into words?

"Miguel, hey Miguel!"

He blinks at the call. The redhead standing before him makes him tune in.

"Hi Lyla, did you need something?"

She smirked.

"(Y/N) got you all loopy lover boy."

His cheeks tinted red and her laughter continued. When you walked in and saw the two, you smiled.

"Lyla, are you picking on Miguel again?" You laugh.

She raised her hands.

"I would never. I just needed to borrow something. See you two lovebirds later~" She walks off with a happy skip and you giggle.

"I swear she enjoys messing with us."

Lyla was nothing if not invested. After she claimed that she 'Set you both up'. You shouldn't have been surprised that she took credit.

Miguel's eyes were directed at the table and you realized then that he seemed a bit out of it.

"Everything okay?"

He nods.

"Yes, sorry. I was just stuck on an equation. But I think I've figured it out."

"Well of course you did, it's you we're talking about. "

He lifts his head, and somehow his gaze feels much different. His form straightens and he moves a bit closer. Your heart picks up just a smidge at the unexpected shift in atmosphere.

"(Y/N), would you like to come over tonight?"

An invitation...

"Yes!!"

You've long stopped caring about your desperate replies to his invitations. You nod eagerly.

"I'd love.. to come over."

You aren't really sure why you're whispering. It's just the two of you in there.

His eyes trail to your lips, and when he moves in, your brows knit. The kiss is so soft. Yet passionate. You both stand there for a few seconds and when he pulls away, he lets out a soft satisfied breath.

"Okay.."

He mumbles.

If you were being honest, you'd been wondering why he hadn't done much since that day in the lab. Every now and then he would leave light kisses on your cheek or lips. It always felt like he wanted more. You could see it in his eyes. It was like he was holding himself back and you weren't sure why.

Maybe tonight you'll know.

~~~

Work felt like it would never end. Miguel had texted you to take your time, but you literally couldn't wait any longer. So after advising him that you would grab dinner, he eagerly anticipated your arrival.

"I'm here and I got the noodles!"

Miguel smiles when he opens the door.

You're standing there with a bright smile and takeout Chinese. For a moment he almost loses his nerve. He steps aside for you to get in and you begin informing him of the adventure you endured just to get the food.

"Wow, your house is so nice."

You marvel at the framed awards on his walls. Not that you're surprised. His wallpaper is an assortment of navy and red. It's an interesting design. You admire all you can as he guides you to the kitchen. You place the food on the counter as he moves to get the plates.

Miguel is moving around grabbing napkins and whatever else is needed and you begin to explain a theory that's been on your mind. He's trying to pay attention, he really is. But you're standing there, eyes filled with the type of light that always follows when you talk science. You're wearing a pair of sweats and a baggy sweater. Definitely a product of the chilly weather. 

There's nothing seductive about your attire. Not in the slightest. But when he looks at you, every part of him feels so much that it almost drives him crazy. Nothing other than his work has ever occupied his mind the way you do. Miguel drops the items on the counter.

"I want you to initiate more with me" It's said so softly, almost like a plea.

He hadn't even realized the words left his mouth until he saw your hands lower from talking animatedly. Your expression is a mix of shock and bashfulness.

Miguel turns his head.

"Lo siento.."

There must have been a better way to broach that topic. Now he feels like he's said something out of line.

"You don't have to apologize, Miguel."

He feels like he should.

Your steps seem to echo in the room. You reach out for him, and his body turns slowly. Now that he's facing you, your hand moves a bit hesitant, resting right on his arm. You look almost relieved and it's then that he concludes that you've been afraid of him recoiling from your touch. You've seen some of the reactions that he's had in the past. So you're careful.

Considerate.

"You should never be afraid to touch me." Miguel states.

Somehow it seems that's exactly what you wanted to hear.

"Are you..sure..?"

"I'm sure."

Your hand grips his arm just a little and you lean unto your toes, matching his height the best you can. Miguel eyes close softly and he pulls you in. Your hands move to the back of his neck and you slide them into his hair. A little sound escapes him, and he's a bit surprised when your tongue slides past his lips.

"Ngh.."

The soft groan that echoes in his throat has you holding on tighter. Your fingers are massaging his scalp as he's convinced it's the best thing he's ever felt in his life. Your hips are pressed so closely to his. It's beginning to produce a reaction.

You finally pull back, and your breathing is so unsteady.

"Cariño.."

He murmurs.

He's still trying to gather his thoughts. Because the tightness of his pants is a bit distracting.

You take his hand, biting your lower lip as you guide him to the stairs. He follows, his gaze hazy with anticipation.

He knows exactly what you want, and he can't wait to fulfill all your desires.