Chapter 12

Beth's POV

when I woke up I was no longer in the arms of my captors but back in the crib. I had no idea what time it was and since there was no clock I wouldn't be able to find out either but my guess would be the middle of the night since it was still dark out. I lay there for a little while to reflect on what had happened yesterday, My day started badly with being beaten by my father to then being abducted, and my fear and hatred when I realized what had happened. The stupid crib, bottles, diapers, being fed I hated it but then as the night went on I got a fuzzy feeling wash over me. 

It was hard to describe, but it made me feel light. Somehow I began to enjoy their attention and the feeling of being warm and fed. The fruit was amazing and I wanted more but I was too scared to ask. I should not be thinking like this, these people are my captors, and I need to get away from them. I decided then to get up and climb over the crib bars which may I add was hard they were tall, they came up to my chin and it was hard to find something to use to get me up and over so I had to settle with bouncing up and down till I was high enough to jump on the bars a bit then pull myself over. 

I hit the ground with a small thud and It hurt but I couldn't let this stop me from my plan. I then heard some movement. Shit, they heard me didn't they? I pushed the drawers in front of the door and sat on them leaning, I was getting really scared now, even more so when they tried to open the door. 

Luke I believe was the one talking to me on the other side of the door and I wasn't going to open the door for him but when he mentioned the time out or being spanked it scared me more and he did say either way he was coming in and I knew for a fact that he was bigger and stronger than me and would get in one way or another. 

After a big internal battle with myself, I decided that if they promised not to hurt me I would let them in and they agreed with no hesitation. I was still hesitant to let them in even once I moved the drawers out of the way but I held up to my end and opened the door but only a crack to begin with I needed them to promise again that they wouldn't hurt me. I was not sure why I needed this promise again but when he crouched to my level and promised again all I could do was nod my head then the sudden fear of this being a trick set in and I ran to the other side of the room and tried to make myself seem as small as possible. 

This fear was eating me up inside and I hated it, I wanted it to go away. Luke told me that he would sit and wait for me to come to him to either talk or just for a cuddle when I was ready. We must have sat in silence for half an hour before I finally felt the courage to look up. Looking around the room I saw Luke in the rocking chair he had my horse stuffy in his lap and a bottle of milk that sat on the unit next to him. He wasn't looking at me but at the stuffy in his lap almost like he was studying it and for some reason this made me smile until I saw him look my way and he gave me a gentle smile back before looking away again. I decided then that it was time to try and trust him with his word of not hurting me, so with that, I stood and took small steps towards him until I was standing just an arm's reach away.

Luke's POV

It's been quiet in this room for the last 30 ish minutes well except for her little sniffles. I decided it was best not to sit and stare at her so pretended that her stuffy was the most interesting thing in the room while she decided what to do. I did glance are her now and then just to make sure she was okay until I finally caught her looking at me, she had a slight smile on her face and it was nice to see so I smiled back and then looked away again leaving the next steps up to her. I heard her get up and take slow almost hesitant steps toward me until she was within arms reach of me.

"You okay little one?" I had to speak as I didn't think she was talking first but all she did was nod her head slightly so I continued to ask "Do you want to talk or just have a cuddle? I am happy with both"

"I don't know" was her reply and I let her think on it a little more. "No talk please", "Would you like a cuddle then?" I asked, I could see her internal battle on what she wanted but with a small sigh she nodded "Y-yes p-please". 

I opened my arms for her and motioned for her to come to me I needed her to do this for herself and with hesitant steps she did, my little girl, came to her Papa on her own, she came and curled up in my lap holding her stuffy and I had to stop myself from smiling as now was not the time.