Chapter 2: Enemy Lines and Unexpected Meetings

"Do you choose to serve your country with great honor and take responsibility" Captain Niko (Captain Nikolai "Niko" Ivanov) asks Alex. "Yes sir. With all due with respect, I shall lead this army to do great things and to protect my country" He spoke. "Welcome aboard Lieutenant." Captain Niko smiled and handed him his uniform and badge. 

Alex felt very proud of his moment. But was too hurt and very sad to witness his accomplishment to his parents... who have now passed due to old age. Tears welling in his eyes, he smiled through the heart wrenching pain. Wondering if his parents knew how far he had come for them. 

"Attention!" He shouted as the soldiers stood up straight, ready to honor and serve their country. 

++++++++++++++++

An emergency meeting was called by Captain Niko, "Attention! Shadowfell Bastion (enemy's base) has declared a war on us as we speak. They want to take over our country, our city and commit genocide to our civilians! We cannot let that happen!" Captain Niko shouts and slams his fist on the table while everyone listened. "Lieutenant Alex, we need a plan at once!" Captain Niko said and looked at him. Everyone looking at Alex as he began to think of something fast. He was never used to being put on the spot.

++++++++++++++++

+The Next Day+

As the first rays of sunlight pierced the horizon, the tranquility of the morning was shattered by the deafening roar of artillery.

Alex Turner, stationed at the eastern front, jolted awake, the urgency of the situation immediately apparent. The enemy had launched a surprise attack, catching their forces off guard. Panic and chaos ensued as soldiers scrambled to their posts, the weight of impending battle pressing heavily upon them.

Amidst the smoke and confusion, Alex's determination solidified—he had a duty to fulfill, a nation to defend, and a new, unforeseen enemy to confront.

"Head to your battle stations, let's move!!" He shouted, hearing "Yes sir!" Left and right. Guns in their arms and shots being erupted, grenades flying here and there. "There's too many attackers LT!" A soldier cried out.