Chapter 6: Provocations in the Shadows

"Who are you?" Lena spoke up, holding the dagger towards his neck. 

"Let's not be hasty little mouse, I still owe u a few words and questions of mine" He stands up, the bondage on his hands drops to the floor. Eyes widening, Lena was taken back of how did he manage to get the bondage off that quick?

"Now let me ask you a question. Who are you? And what do you want with my country?" He towers over her, without another word from Lena's mouth, she was in shock of how everything went very quick. "As if I'm going to answer to-" with a swift movement, Alex grabs the knife out of her hand, throws it against the table right beside her hand. 

With sudden movement, she was now held down on the floor, with her wrists being held down above her head.

"Now you are going to listen to me very closely." He spoke, "I want you to let me go. Without any more problems and bullshit." He whispered against her ear as she tenses up and nodded quickly. 

"I-I ain't finished interrogating you yet." She spat back. While letting her go she quickly gets back up and held her knife up again in defense, "W-Who exactly are you?" She stuttered out. 

"You can call me... Your worst nightmare." 

++++++++++++++++

"What a silly name." She rolls her eyes and folds her arms. "Aren't you going to tell me your little backstory? Of how you became the batman?" She snickers. 

He scoffs and sits on the chair again, "I rather not say anything because well, you're the enemy." He replies while leaning back on his chair, placing his foot on the table. "How did you become the most menacing chick of our country anyway?" He asks, ignoring her question. 

Lena grows silent and sits on the table beside him, "Well, I commit murder to your leaders back in the day and now we want more than enough." She spoke up and pokes his boots. "What about you?" she decided to ask again. 

"I just want to make a world a better place." He mumbled but somehow didn't mean what he said. "Unless you think it's pretty stupid of a thing to think about." he quickly added. 

"Why do you like doing this stuff? Isn't it a little overrated?" he speaks up again. 

"It's complicated because I'm not like you and the others. I was born to destroy and conquer." She admitted. "From where I came from its always kill or be killed." She added. 

"I understand, but what if you're willing to take a shot at change everything such as your destiny, such as speaking up about not wanting to follow their orders." He spoke up softly and looked at her. 

++++++++++++++++

Meanwhile Alex and Lena engaged in a series of candid conversations, each probing the other's beliefs, convictions, and hopes for the future. Their discussions revealed a shared desire for peace, albeit tempered by the realities of their respective roles within the warring factions.

As the days turned into weeks, their bond deepened, transcending the boundaries of captor and captive. Meanwhile, rumors of their clandestine meetings began to spread, casting a shadow of suspicion over their actions. Hardline factions within Shadowfell viewed their connection as a threat to their cause, sparking a dangerous game of cat and mouse as Alex and Lena sought to protect their burgeoning alliance from those who sought to destroy it. For example, the highest rank of Shadowfell. Captain Dmitri, aka Lena's father.