Chapter 2

Malfoy Castle is a large quartz building. It has two sets of walls that encapsulate the castle. The first has a moat with a variety of magical animals in it. The color is a gorgeous sea foam green that glitters in the sunlight. There are ripples of many animals swimming around. Eyes popping up every few feet.

The drawbridge connecting the first to the second wall is made out of Sapwood with two large silver chains with a large magical crank to pull it up or down. This wall is called the Fossé as the Malfoys are of French descent. The inner wall has 8 different pikes with stations for defense. There were holes to drop hot oil, rocks, and shoot arrows or spells at those invading. The Malfoys did not trust the British Government and were right to do so. Trust no one but themselves.

The inner wall is taller than the rest by at least 9 feet. Draco lovingly calls it Un Pine. Past this wall is an oak tree forest with snow on the ground, animals skittering about, magic and muggle alike. Past the forest lies Lucy's Keep, where the farm animals stay, then the large courtyard which opens to the entrance to the Castle. The courtyard itself has a large fountain with an albino peacock displaying their feathers in intimidation. There were benches surrounding the fountain and gorgeous ferns throughout breaking up the granite flooring, ensuring lush green spaces for frolicking.

To open the front door, one must be a Malfoy family member or under Malfoy family protection. The family magicks are very protective. It should be a sanctuary. The magicks evolve around love and defense. There are two large Sapwood doors with silver hardware. The detailed centered hardware and ornate carvings decorate the door and mesmerize those who wish to enter. One must touch the smaller albino peacock carved into the wood three times before the door opens.

The three walk into the front entrance as they recall their favorite times together as a Happy Family. Draco recalls the time Harry let the peacocks into the house, and everyone spent the rest of the week chasing them around the castle. He rubs his elbow where he was bitten quite often that day. Harry attempted to tackle a peacock but instead got a face full of carpet with a wicked carpet burn that lasted the rest of the month. The others, to this day, will not let Harry live this down. Neville got distracted during the hunt when he checked the greenhouse. The Weasley brothers did more harm than good by charming inanimate objects into albino peacocks, so sometimes when someone would actually catch "one," it would immediately turn back into the original item.

The house elves were very displeased with the castle's inhabitants that day. They all refused to help and stayed in their quarters until every last peacock was caught. The group had to cook, clean, and round up peacocks themselves for 6 and a half days. At night, the twins would sneak around, continuing their pranks on the others.

On the other hand, Luna recalls her 18th birthday. It was one of the many reunions for the Battle of Hogwarts.

She finished her schooling through tutors, too afraid to step foot into Hogwarts again. She experienced a large amount of bullying until Harry, Neville, the twins, and Draco saved her. She knew for a long time at the end of the dark tormenting tunnel her true family would be there to open their arms for her with real love and unrelenting kindness. She suffered because she knew better would come. Luna had to wait a little bit before exposing herself to the others. Her birthday was a night to remember. They did everything they could to support each other during such an emotionally charged time. Everyone was a mess, especially the birthday girl. Luna resented her birthday for this reason exactly.

The lights and decorations were set up by Draco and the house elves while Harry cooked her favorite meal. It was beautiful; the pale purple and blue colored lights flickered and floated around the large atrium. There were streamers that wrapped around the granite pillars switching off color every other pillar. There were even charmed magical animal fireworks that danced around the room. The Weasley twins and Neville kept her busy by helping her find the animal of the week. That week it was Oakwood Faeries.