Chapter 5

Harry felt a healing vibration that spurred him awake. Groggy and unsure of where he is, his fight or flight gets triggered. He snatched up his wand, checked his surroundings, and slowly began walking towards the door.

As he was about to open the door, Merle swung it open, scaring them both. Harry launches onto Merle and puts his wand to the muggle's throat.

"Where am I? Why did you keep me here?" Harry demands

"Cool off- there ain't no reason to wave that stick at me. DARYL GET YOUR FAT ASS OVER HERE"

Daryl hears the second half of Merle's statement he rushes away from the grid. Daryl sees Merle's larger self flat on his ass with a shorter lean man on top of him with a stick at his throat.

The selenite drops from his hand in shock, and this catches Harry's attention. The vibration from the stick and the living room causes Harry to get off Merle.

"Bloody hell, you could have told me ur not muggles," Harry embarrassingly grumbles out

"The fuck did you just call me?" Merle and Daryl say at the same time

"A muggle? No-maj? Non-magical?"

"We ain't no magical if that's what you're saying. This is Granny's. Come see her shit. Don't touch unless you ask." Merle takes the lead walking everyone to the living room.

Harry stands there in amazement as he looks around the room. He almost thinks he's having a fever dream. A whole magical house with generations upon generations of magical goods. His eyes skirt from the cauldron in the fire, to the crystal grid, to the scribes on the book shelves surrounding the room.

"Granny was one hell of a witch. You should be wizards if you are related to her, especially if you're keeping her familiar craft alive," Harry breathes out in absolute wonder.

"Nah, we're just her redneck adopted children. She was family still." Daryl comments in his deep baritone voice from the leftmost part of the room by the grid.

"Now, do something with the stick of yours. You think we let a stick-waving lunatic near Granny's shit? Hell no. Granny ain't do that shit" Merle squared up with Harry from behind

"This lunatic's name is Harry, by the way. Thanks for asking"

They both just stared at him with their light blue searing eyes. It unsettled Harry to the point where he gave in and waved his wand to turn the closest chair into a peacock.

"Get that shit out of here..." He waved away the peacock "...now u go, bird or I kill you where you stand," a blond brother said with so much conviction Daryl looked at him in shock.

"So demanding, fine." He turned the chair back into a chair and immediately morphed into his Raven animungus. Harry flew over to Daryl and began pecking at his head

"JESUS CHRIST DON'T BITE ME LIKE THAT" Daryl screamed, running away from Raven Harry as Merle lost it. It took around 20 minutes of demands from either brother to ensure Harry was who Granny told them about. They gave in when Harry killed a rat and brought it back to life. Little did the two know that was a very specific trait of Harry himself- no other wizard could do that.

Merle led Harry into the kitchen and had him sit in the breakfast nook, and Daryl went into the apothecary pantry to grab the delicate dark blue leather grimoire.

Harry and Merle fell into a flowing conversation about who their Granny used to be. Harry found it fascinating how these seemingly muggle-like men could perform nearly an ounce of what they were doing.