One. The Arrival of Percy Jackson

One
The Arrival of Percy Jackson

——Rory Clementine was on the night watch when the most unspeakable thing happened

——Rory Clementine was on the night watch when the most unspeakable thing happened. Her clothes drenched from the heavy rain, and thunder rumbled above her.

Louder than her empty stomach that is.

Chiron had told her to wait at the camp borders in case Grover and the new camper arrived, and Rory knew exactly who he was talking about. Percy Jackson was a student in Yancy below her grade, though she was in that school because she had to keep an eye on him under Mr. D's order. During her time there, she did manage to get to know the boy, going to the point that Chiron, who was known as Mr. Brunner at the time, assigned her as Percy's tutor despite being dyslexic herself, though she managed to get over that part herself with plenty of trial and error.

When she heard that Percy was expelled during summer school, Rory was devastated to hear that but she understood why. Being a half blood was not easy, especially trying to live a mundane life, or having no idea that you're a demigod in the first place.

Unusual things happen whenever they're around.

Rory remembered when she first discovered she was a demigod and at the very moment when she was in crisis, she had been claimed immediately.

Though no one knew who her godly parent was.

A mother or a father, Rory kept her secret buried and the only ones who knew about it were Chiron and Dionysus.

From a far off distance, she could hear something. An angry yell— a boy calling for his mother before she disappeared from the minotaur's grip. Rory's eyes widened once she realized who it was and before she knew it, her legs began to move forward to the scene. "Grover? Percy?" She called out as she neared them. Her boot scrunching against the leaves with every step they took.

What happened next was unbelievable.

Rory had her crossbow raised, aim ready to shoot the arrow at the raging minotaur that came charging towards Percy, when suddenly something was pushed straight into his side. Her brown eyes widened as the creature turned into dust and vanished into the ether. She broke into a sprint, her hair fell behind her, sticking to her back as the rain stopped and the thunder slowly disappeared.

She stopped in front of Percy, laying a hand on his shoulder. The boy spun to her and jumped, his sea green eyes stared at her in surprise. "Rory?!" He startled upon seeing the older girl. His cheeks flushed at the sight of her, and he was thankful for the darkness to hide his reaction. But his brows frowned once he noticed the orange t-shirt she wore. "W–What are you doing here?" Percy questioned.

Rory tucked a wet strand behind her ear, her eyes slowly scanning for any injuries on the satyr before turning to him. "Chiron informed me that you would be coming, he just didn't say when. Help me with Grover." She said.