three. the prophecy

Three
The Prophecy

——Alistair waited for her to arrive as he stood next to Chiron in front of the big house, and when he finally saw her, he snickered

——Alistair waited for her to arrive as he stood next to Chiron in front of the big house, and when he finally saw her, he snickered. "Took you long enough to arrive."

Rory glared at him. "Not all of us have long legs." She grumbled. Her eyes continued to narrow at the blonde and the latter mirrored her. The wind began to pick up with every second passing by and soon, the grass where the two demigods stood slowly turned to brown as if life had been drained from them. Chiron noticed this and immediately his heart stopped.

"Children." The centaur interjected. Stepping between the two in the process. "I believe the oracle is waiting for you inside with a prophecy she'd promised since your arrival. It's best to not waste time. But remember, you must listen to it separately." He pushed them towards the big house, only stopping right in front of the entrance as the door closed behind them.

Rory went up first, but as soon as she stepped on the stairs, something coiled around her ankle. "Gods." Rory cursed. Taken aback by the sudden action until she accidentally tripped backwards. Alistair quickly stepped forward and caught her before she could fall on the ground, letting her stand up straight first and then enforcing the distance between them once more.

"Watch where you're going." He snapped.

Flustered, the raven haired girl looked back at him and muttered a small thanks before continuing up to the attic. She was greeted by the small space, cobwebs and dust all over the place and boxes stacked up high. She let her feet lead her until she finally stood in front of Delphi the oracle, who's eyes immediately lit up upon her arrival.

'A young lion from the east, and a muse of dawn without sight.
Two paths meets the past, yet only one can survive the darkest night.
A deep abyss awaits the eternal doom.
A dove caged in gold, lies dead in its tomb.What's hidden is lost, shall be found once more.
A death's kiss brings them to evermore.'

What?

She blinked in confusion. What?

Rory knew well who the 'muse' was, but the rest were unfamiliar to her. Will she meet this 'Lion' somewhere– someday? A deep abyss— tartarus? Who's going to die, is it her or the other half? Is she responsible for an upcoming death? And what was hidden that will be found once again?

So many questions in her head, the girl didn't realize she had been standing there in front of the oracle so long, she jumped when Alistair placed his hand on her shoulder. Bringing her out of her reverie. Warm brown eyes meet his ocean blue ones, concern swirling deep within them as they swept all over her body to inspect any injury.

After noticing how quiet it was while waiting downstairs for his turn, Alistair didn't hesitate as the newfound energy surged through him, pushing him up the flight of stairs and burst into the attic. He saw how entrance Rory was, standing there staring at the oracle without blinking and her eyes— the familiar warmth had been momentarily replaced by cold. In the dim lit light, her hair turned darker to an inky black, skin as white as snow, and only by his touch did it all disappear in a blink of an eye.