two. unhappy campers

Two
Unhappy Campers

——Percy followed his former teacher, who he now knows as Chiron

——Percy followed his former teacher, who he now knows as Chiron. What's more surprising was when he stood up from his 'wheelchair', revealing his horse legs. A centaur, that's what he was. Then all the strange things he'd seen since he was a kid started to make sense, yet it was hard to comprehend the situation when you watched your mom disappear and you had killed a very big minotaur, twice your size.

On top of all that, there's nothing more that's out of the ordinary than seeing the girl you had a crush on, helping you to camp and then found out that she's just like him.

He wanted to find her, ask some questions because a part of him still does trust her even though she, like Grover and Chiron, had kept a secret from him. But throughout the whole camp tour, Percy did not see a single strand of her raven coloured hair. He was going to ask Chiron about Rory, but not once did the centaur stop talking as they walked through camp.

"There's only twelve cabins." Percy noted.

His former teacher nodded. Lips formed in a straight line. "So it seems."

"What about Hades? Isn't he an olympian god too?"

"Hades rules the underworld domain." A new voice joined in. Percy looked to the side and saw Rory walking towards him. Wearing the familiar orange t-shirt where the ends were tied, a sword strapped around her waist. He could see the hilt had a dog's head.

Rory gave him a smile once she stood in front of them. "Since he's in the underworld, he was too far away to be a part of the olympians." She answered for him.

"But he is still a god... right?"

She nodded.

"So why doesn't he have his own Cabin?"

Both Rory and Chiron exchanged a look, unsure whether they should tell the boy or not. It was well known among camp half-blood that the Big Three were not allowed to have demigod children as they would possess great power, one that could either save or destroy Olympus once they turned 18. It's why Zeus, Poseidon and Hades swore by the river Styx to not have children.

Yet, Zeus and Poseidon's cabins still existed, so Rory couldn't help but wonder why Hades doesn't have his own cabin. Surely it can't be because he doesn't have many children? Zeus and Poseidon did in fact break the pact— one got turned into a pine tree and the other was standing right in front of her despite him not knowing who his father was. She knew there were some of his out there.

She could feel it.

"Like I said." Rory added. "Hades may be a god but his role lies in the underworld unlike the other gods and goddesses." She tried not to give away any signs of suspicions as Percy narrowed his eyes at her, seemingly unsatisfied at her answer. Then Chiron clapped to get their attention, and Rory subtly exhaled.