CHAPTER 2: promise

~NEXT MORNING~
Beomgyu was still asleep as he was more tired compared to the other, so Taehyun just decided to cook for themselves. They take chances to cook, if tae cooks today, beom cooks tomorrow.

After going to the gym and a jog, Tae was busy staring at his phone for the recipe while beomgyu was still in his dream land.

Finally, Tae stood up from the couch and decided to cook. After a few minutes into cooking, he felt Beomgyu walking towards him.

"You could've woke me up" he sulked with a pout, seeing his friend cooking all alone in the kitchen in the cold winter morning
"But you looked tired, so I just let you sleep" Tae chuckled at the other's uwu-ing morning actions.
"Hmm.." Beomgyu paused looking for his coffee mug whilst tying his hair up into a ponytail. Taehyun's heart skipped a beat while seeing at how gorgeous the other looked even in his morning face and that ponytail!

"Y-your coffee's on the table.." Tae mentally slapped him for shuddering like that
"Oh- you've made it already.."

"Why are you being extra nice to me these days?" Beomgyu tilt his head at the other's actions, which was kinda new to him
"I told you, because you seem to be tired"
"Oh- right.."
--

"Why aren't you eating? Do you not like it?" Taehyun asked as he noticed beomgyu zoning out again for the nth time
"No- I like it!" Beomgyu assured as he continued to have his breakfast
"Do you wanna go for grocery after this?" Tae asked
"Sure"

~AT GROCERY~
"Do we have butter at home?" Taehyun asked whilst rolling the cart forward, but he didn't get any response. He turned back and noticed that beomgyu wasn't there

"Beomgyu hyung?!" He called out but still he got no response.

He quickly took out his phone and dialled beomgyu and heard his phone ring somewhere. He left the cart nearby and followed the other's ringtone coming from the plushie section.

His racing heartbeat calmed down when he saw the other male crouching down, looking at a squirrel plushie, he felt relieved after making sure that the other was just fine. But the first thing that caught his eyes were beom's tied up hair.

'he really is gorgeous with that ponytail huh'

"What are you even doing here?" Beom heard Tae's voice and quickly stood up, lowkey hugging that plushie with an awkward smile to the other who just stood there with crossed arms, leaning towards one of the shelves.
"This- this looks cute right?!" He asked with a broad smile
"Yeah..?"
"Can I get it?!" He asked with a more excited voice
"What are you gonna do with this?" Tae questioned with a kinda frown and Beom went thinking for a moment
"I'll cuddle him to sleep!" Beom said while hugging the plushie

'Then what about me?' Tae thought to himself but didn't say it out loud because he didn't want the other to think that he's being a weirdo.

"Ok.. if you're sure about it" Tae shrugged while some part of him still wished to be that squirrel plushie. But who could say no to the other's puppy eyes? No one right?!

'yeah, lucky plushie'
--

After lunch, they just decided to hang out for a while. They were in a jewelry stall which was one among the other stalls, beomgyu just stared at those stuffs and suddenly a bracelet caught his eyes.

"Isn't that cute?" Beomgyu pointed

"How much is that" Beomgyu asked to that nice old woman inside the shop and she showed two fingers, indicating 200 bucks.

"That much?" Beomgyu was a little surprised

"It's a couple bracelet, you should match these two" someone spoke from behind, another lil guy working there. He showed the other pair
"Oh-"

"We'll get it then!" Taehyun spoke and they got it after paying.
After getting those bracelets packed, Beomgyu just stared at that package wondering if he could ask tae to match it.

After walking for a while they sat over a bench placed on street which was almost empty, with a lil bright street light which was just enough to light up that street alone, listening to the crickets, staring at the empty but bright night sky.

Beomgyu handed those bracelets to Taehyun, indicating him to help him to put it around his wrist, tae wrapped one of them around beom's wrist and returned the other to him. Beomgyu tilt his head, wondering how this guy is built so clueless.

Beomgyu sighed before grabbing the other's hand and wrapping the other bracelet in his hand.

"Oh- that's for me?" Tae asked a lil confused
"No, it's for your dog mickey" Beomgyu huffed
"Oh- my bad" Tae paused

"Wait.. I don't have a dog called mickey" he frowned
"God! taehyun-ah! Why are you so clueless?"
"That's for me then!?" Tae asked a lil more excited and beomgyu playfully face palmed himself with a dramatic eyeroll.

"..."

"Should we make a promise?" Tae suggested
"Sure!"

"Then..I promise to stick with you forever" Tae said, bringing out his pinky finger and beomgyu's excel stopped working for a moment.
"Me too, I promise to stay with you forever!" Beomgyu said with a bright smile and was quick enough to build up his words even after how mesmerizing the other looked under the moonlight. Taehyun thought the same too. He felt that beomgyu was someone precious and should never be lost at any cost. They both felt their cheeks burning up just by a simple eye contact for about three seconds.

"I'm sorry about last nigh-" beomgyu got cut
"NO!" Tae almost yelled, and the other just stared at him in disbelief.

"I mean- please don't be sorry!" Tae hurried
"You know.. rather than having things to yourself, it's okay to spill out sometimes"
"I was happy that you shared your feelings with me" Tae said with sparkly eyes while beomgyu felt his cheeks turning red again, it was clearly visible for taehyun too.

"Thanks.." beomgyu spoke
"For what..?"
"For listening to me" beom smiled with a slight pink tint forming over his cheeks
"You know, you can share your feelings to me anytime! I'm all ears" Tae assured the other while he just smiled feeling thankful for a friend like him.

They felt more closer than before just like how their bond became stronger..

~to be continued~