Prologue

An unprecedented phenomenon has occurred in the world of sorcerers. The fifth special-grade Sorcerer had just been secretly announced.

Three years before Sukuna's vessel would enroll in the Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College, a disaster occurred during an exam a certain Special Grade Sorcerer was overseeing. Cursed spirits burst out all over the city, though through the efforts of the Sorcerers, the civilians remained unaware of the disaster.

Still, with the threat looming, every nearby available Sorcerer was sent out to dispatch the dangerous Cursed Spirits.

"Maintain your formation! They may be numerous, but they're merely Grade 3 and 4 Cursed Spirits! Keep attacking in turns and don't let them have the time of day to counter!"

The scene looked like a Major War was occurring between Sorcerers and Spirits. It was an especially rare thing to happen. Most Cursed Spirits don't have the intelligence to gather up and form groups to attack, yet they are undeniably coordinating their aggression right now.

"Tch... this situation is too weird. Has a Grade 1 Sorcerer contacted us yet?"

The acting leader of this defense squad of Jujutsu Sorcerers was only a Second Grade. They would soon deplete their Cursed Energy at the rate of the attacks. It was high time for at least one Grade 1 Sorcerer to appear.

And at last, one Grade 1 sorcerer appeared along with a dainty-looking little girl. Kento Nanami arrived on the scene and began to observe the battle, he did not immediately spring into action. "Does this scene make you hurl, Satoru's little brother?"

Brother? Is Nanami talking about that little girl? —thought the Acting Leader.

The apparent little brother of Gojo Satoru had replied in an aloof way. "It's gross alright... Was Japan this infested with creatures like that?"

Nanami massaged his temples and patted the little brother's head. "That's right. You've only recently studied about the Jujutsu world, but you've managed to accept it all. I did promise your brother to teach you what I know, so do not fret and just observe. Stay back here where you are safe."

Seconds later, Nanami dived onto the battlefield without hesitation and mercilessly wiped out Cursed Spirit one after another.

"Emergency! This is bad! I'm sensing a Grade 1 Cursed Spirit around Tokyo High!"

"What?! Have you contacted headquarters?"
"No! It seems like something more powerful is interfering with our attempts to communicate. This situation is controlled by more than just a Grade 1 Cursed Spirit!"

The situation was as horrible as it gets.

Nanami was stuck dealing with the numerous Cursed Spirits and could not mobilize. The other Grade 1 Sorcerers were also dealing with their problems. That left only the Special Grade Sorcerers to deal with the root of this situation.

But three out of four of them are nowhere to be found, and Saturo Gojo was in the middle of an examination resulting in him being far away from the location. Only despair awaits this situation. However, one exceptionally powerful middle-schooler was present.

The boy was dying to escape from Nanami's sight and go deal with the Grade 1 Curse. Nanami was keenly observing the boy, though. Nanami knew how serious the situation was starting to become. Now he must not let the boy go through any danger.

"You there, take a couple of sorcerers with you and escort that young boy. You must not let him get harmed since he is only a student, a very young one at that."