Chapter 1

"Oh, you guys have only known each other for a day?"

"Yeah, we had our first mission yesterday. Both Itadori and Kugisaki performed well while Gojo-sensei and I were on standby."

Megumi and Rimuru seemed to talk like friends who hadn't seen each other in years. Yuuji and Nobara keenly observed this and teased him about it sooner or later.

"Alright you fledglings, it's time for a pop quiz!"

Suddenly, Satoru stopped in his tracks and turned towards the four of them. He stretched his hands wide and continued the sudden pop quiz.

"As the three of you know each other's powers already, it's time for you to guess my darling little brother's power!"

"What?!"

Rimuru's surprised reaction didn't help to dissuade Satoru from what he was about to do. Suddenly, a grade 2 Cursed Spirit came into view about 200 meters away. Only Yuuji could physically see it, and Megumi and Nobara could sense its presence from its Cursed Energy.

"Now! How do you think my darling little brother would deal with that kinda opponent!"

Rimuru looked at Satoru with a bewildered face.

"Ooh, let me answer! I'm sure he's going to beat it to death with his fists!"

"Idiot, he's not like you Yuuji. I'm sure Rimuru would deal with it using cursed energy from afar."

"Both of you are wrong."

"Eh?"

Yuuji gave his answer after thinking deeply. But, it still got the "Idiot" treatment from Nobara and she gave her answer afterward. They shared their answers not realizing that both of them weren't hitting the marks.

"Megumi's right. You guys are wrong."

Satoru happily told them the results of the pop quiz before they could ask.

"Ehhh?! How is he correct when he didn't even answer the question!"

"That's right!"

Yuuji and Nobara were unhappy with the pop quiz results.

"It's a long story, but the Cursed Spirits here are kind of..."

"They're cowards! Long story short, they don't wanna deal with my little brother!"

Rimuru meekly tried to explain it, but he got embarrassed in the middle of explaining. So, Satoru decided to finish the explanation for him. Satoru pointed to the Cursed Spirit who was coming close, and told them to observe what was about to happen.

And when it was only 50 meters away, like a new driver operating an expensive supercar, it tumbled on its footing and made an awkward 180-degree turn. It was almost comedic the way it was struggling to run away.

"Now, if it runs away, that means there'd be no fighting. But as you can see, we can't leave any Cursed Spirits running amok after seeing them, right?"

Satoru moved behind Rimuru. Megumi, Nobara, and Yuuji all moved to the side. From behind, Satoru extended his arm and aimed for the Cursed Spirit using his pinky finger.

"You know the drill. Don't let it escape. Yuuji, Nobara, and Megumi! Prepare to go after that thing after Rimuru binds it!"

"""Roger that!"""

"Now, Rimuru." Satoru leaned close to Rimuru's ear. "Don't use too much force, or the ones that have a grudge against you will realize you're here."

"You don't have to say it so close to my ear. Get away."

Rimuru shoved Satoru away. Satoru laughed like a big brother after teasing his little brother.