Chapter 15__Challange

Kulsum's POV-

"I thought you've changed.....but clearly I was wrong. You're still that manipulative liar you used to be." His voice darkened.

I don't know why or how it sent chills down my spine.

"You don't wanna believe me? Don't. I don't care about what you think. But you can't change the truth." I breathed.

He clenched his jaw as our gazed locked and I could sense the fire in his eyes.

I'm not new to accusations and scandals. It's not the first time someone has framed me for their dirty work.

I got over that and I'll probably get over this too!
But the fact that he's not believing me is making my heart ache.

He pulled away and I quickly left the room and headed downstairs to clear my head.

I was on the couch with my palms on my head when I felt a feathery touch on my shoulder.

I looked up to see Zohra Hatun, my mother-in-law smiling at me with comforting eyes.

And behind her stood Aslihan and Zakariya who looked at me with pitiful expressions.

"I know you didn't do it honey, don't worry we're with you." She sat down beside me and hugged me.

And I can't express how much it means to me.
She treats me like a daughter and I can't thank her enough.

"Yeah, she's just a crazy moron. Don't let her get to you." Aslihan spoke softly.

I smiled. "Yeah now please eat this yenge." Zakariya interrupted with a smile as he held a bowl of soup in his hand.

I took the bowl and chuckled softly. "When are you going to stop calling me that?" I looked up at him.

"Let me guess.....when my nephew or niece will be born." He grinned and I gasped.

"Ya Allah, Zakariya you're so shameless!" I threw a pillow at him as we all laughed.

I felt so relieved to know that atleast some people trust me.

It feels nice to have people around who genuinely loves you.

It's like I've finally found a true family for myself. And I didn't wanted to loose them.
It's only for 7 months.
The reality hit me.

.

.

.
The next day-

I was in my office with Emir as we discussed the business plan and market strategy.

He must've noticed my frowning as he sit up straight. "Okay, what's going on with you?" He asked sternly.

My eyes widened. "What do you mean?" I shot him a nervous smile.
"You're obviously not in the mood today." He folded his arms.

"What? No it's nothing like that! I'm perfectly fine." I said avoid meeting his eyes.

He then snatched the pen from my hand and I got startled.
"What in the-" My eyes widened.
"It's okay you can tell me." He gave me a reassuring smile.

I couldn't hold it back anymore and I just told him everything about Esra's behaviour, comments and the evil act she encountered yesterday.

I can't keep it within myself. I needed to let everything out and rant about it. It's the only way I'll find peace.

After I was done, Emir was stunned like a statue as his emerald eyes widened and his eyebrows raised.

"She. Did. That?" His jaw dropped. I nodded and he sighed.
"How can anyone do something like that?" He placed his hand on his forehead.