◇ 18 ◇

❤️‍🔥

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I gripped the stick in my hand, ready to hit my target. This time round, it should work, it had to. Pulling my arm back as far as possible, I shunted the stick forward with force, and -

"I missed?" I said in disbelief.

"Honestly, I'm surprised you missed it," Jisung blinked as he stared at the pool table. "Even with hitting the ball that hard, which you're still not doing right, by the way."

"Show me how to do it properly then," I sighed, placing the pool cue down.

"I did!" Jisung exclaimed. "You're still not doing what I'm doing!"

"I'm trying!" I snapped lightly at him.

"Now now, ladies," a deep voice said as two people joined us. Felix and Hyunjin.

"Hi," Jisung greeted them with a wave, whilst I once again just nodded at them. I hadn't spoken to either of them, or at least with Felix, not since I tried to steal his gun.

"Why are you two arguing?" Felix asked in amusement.

"Because Lex is not listening to me when I'm trying to teach her how to play pool," Han sighed dramatically.

"I am listening," I whined. "You're just a bad teacher!"

"I am not!" he gasped.

"Are too!" I countered.

"Am not!"

"Are too!

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Okay, shut up, both of you!" Felix chuckled as he stood in between us, a finger each at mine and Jisung's lips. My face went red at the sudden close proximity and touch.

"Rude," Jisung mumbled and tried to bite Felix's finger.

"Stop!" Felix giggled adorably, pulling away from Jisung and hiding behind me.

"Oh, like Lex is able to protect you, Lix," Jisung snorted, then laughed suddenly. "Haha, Lex and Lix!"

"Is this kid on crack?" I whispered to Felix jokingly. Surprisingly, I was already comfortable interacting with him. Probably for the fact he had the friendliest and warmest demeanour about him when he wasn't doing his job.

"Probably," Felix whispered back with a small laugh.

"Hey," Jisung complained with a pout, making us laugh. He turned to Hyunjin, who had been sitting quietly on an armchair. "Back me up here?"

Hyunjin just rolled his eyes and shrugged, saying nothing. Jisung turned back to Felix, a confused look on his face.

"What's up with him?" he asked, pointing his thumb in Hyunjin's direction.

"Oh, he's just still sulking about when Alex headbutted him," Felix snickered, and I blushed in surprise at the mention of my name.

"Ah, just worried about his good looks," Jisung winked, then laughed.

Hyunjin just tutted and ignored him. Something made me realise that if Hyunjin was going to stay like this around us, it would be awkward... but maybe if I apologised, would it make things better?

"Would it help if I said sorry?" I asked him quietly.

For a second, Hyunjin paused, then looked at me with a raised eyebrow, intrigue in his eyes.

"I'm sorry for headbutting you," I said softly, then smiled a little. "And I'm glad that I didn't do any damage to that handsome face."

Hyunjin narrowed his eyes as he looked at me, and I felt myself get nervous the longer he remained silent. It certainly didn't help when he stood up and made his way over to stand right in front of me. Even Jisung and Felix looked uncertain.