◇ 39 ◇

❤️‍🔥

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Third person p.o.v

The van screeched to a halt next to the other two, and Chan, Hyunsik and Yunho jumped out, quickly joining Eunkwang and his team (Felix, Changsub and Mingi) behind cover.

"We haven't had a visual on them yet," Eunkwang said to Chan. "They might be taking it slow with Hongjoong."

"Got it," Chan nodded, peeking out to shoot at the enemy. "There's not as many as I thought there would be."

"No, they seem to be retreating bit by bit," Changsub frowned. "Bit unusual if you ask me."

"As long as Alex gets back with the others, I don't care how many there are," Chan said, swallowing the anxiety he'd been feeling for the past ten minutes.

Within minutes, however, the gunfire had ceased, as the rest of the bad guys suddenly retreated, as if they'd been called.

"What the-" Chan muttered in confusion.

"They're gone?" Felix blinked in surprise. "That should mean the others have a clear path, right?"

As his words left his mouth, there were suddenly footsteps approaching their location. Each of them instinctively raised their guns, but within seconds they lowered them as they saw the injured team coming around the corner... along with several members of Svt.

"Oh thank god, it's you guys," Peniel breathed in relief.

Peniel and San placed the board with Hongjoong on it in one of the vans, and Mingi was instantly in doctor mode, seeing to him.

"How did you guys find them?" Felix asked the handful of Svt members who were there.

"The attackers left us alone out of nowhere," Seungkwan answered. "They left like they suddenly had somewhere else to be."

"We didn't waste time getting out of there," DK added. "When we started to find our way out we spotted these four."

"The rest of Svt?" Yunho asked.

"They'll be regrouping with us in a minute," Hoshi replied.

Meanwhile, Chan was watching the newly arrived group with confusion.

"Where's Alex?" he asked, a trickle of worry running through him.

"Chan," Peniel started, a grim, worried look on his face. "She stayed behind-"

"What?" Chan said sharply, his anxiety spiking up. "Why? What happened?"

"She got recognised," Peniel said quietly. "She chose to stay behind to lead them away, to give us a chance to get to safety-"

"And you fucking let her?" Chan roared angrily.

"She didn't give me much choice," Peniel argued. "You know how fucking stubborn she is! But listen, she plans to lead them away and then loop back around-"

"If she doesn't get caught first," Chan growled, then punched the van in frustration. "Fuck!" He tapped into the comms. "Alex! Answer me, please! I need to know you're okay! Alex! Get back here now!"

The comms remained silent.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Chan hissed, panic welling up in him.

"Chan, calm down!" Eunkwang said sternly. "This is not going to help."

Chan released a yell of frustration, gripping his hair. He couldn't lose her, not now when she was his, when they had finally found their love and care for each other... he needed her.