7

The warm sheets felt cold for some reason in the new place

The warm sheets felt cold for some reason in the new place. I reached over for my phone on the side table to check the time.

I sat up and looked around, squinting in the darkness while I was still half asleep. I ran my fingers through my hair and saw it was almost five in the evening. I had slept for two hours.

I quickly got ready for the pending work in my formal suit and tied my hair in a ponytail hoping not to see that devil downstairs.

I don't want to cross my paths with him knowing he's an enemy. Even though he has been always nice but you never know the motives behind this kindness.

Replying to all my pending e-mails I decided to pay a visit to the event hall.

Walking through the corridors of the hotel I take my own time to admire its beauty. The beautifully painted walls and the unique artistic design made the sprawling property completely different from the ones we owned.

The inside of the hotel was tasteful, with the foyer leading to the stairs and the corridor on the left leading to the other wing.

I slowly ambled towards the section of the hotel I visited a few hours ago before taking a nap.

Again I was welcomed by the planners.

I was looking at the decoration part when I see the wrong shade of flowers at a certain section of the hall.

I clearly explained the problem to the guy, hoping for some miraculous solution from him. Finally he came up with something.

Shimla was beautiful. The unique rooftops and the architecture made it far more beautiful than any photograph could ever capture.

One can clearly see the beautiful view of the city from the hall.

I checked every other detail about the event.

Venue - check
Flowers - double check
Invitations - triple check
Food...?

I asked the planners about the same and they suggested me that I should personally taste it.

My team had already connected with them for the menu which was finalised three days ago on a very short notice.

I followed to the personal dining area that was right beside the hotel kitchen and she asked me to wait there till they arrive with the dishes.

The air was filled with anticipation as the aroma of spices and freshly baked bread wafted through the corridors.

As I entered the room, I was taken aback by an unexpected sight. The room was dimly lit, adorned with roses and candles that cast a soft, romantic glow. My heart skipped a beat as I noticed someone sitting at the center of the room. It was Advik.

I frown seeing the cozy? seductive? romantic? 'don't know what word would suit the situation' of the room.