💙New World

Notes:

Hi:)

I'm not good at writing but I try...

Words: 3095

Average Reading Time: 14 min.

Date Posted: 12/29/2023

Edits: No edits yet

Normal Text: New World

Talking: "New World"

Thoughts: 'New World'

Saiki Telepathy: "New World"

Me: (Hi!)

----

Saiki continued mourning for his loved ones not caring for his changing surroundings. The blue walls around him seemed to bloom. He found himself sitting upon a blue flower on a small, isolated island. The emptiness around him seemed devoid of any meaningful existence. Even the soil beneath him lacked the nurturing qualities of life. The Sun above was too blinding, too hot.

The only life there was him and him alone. The silence was deafening. The voices that were so quiet then were now screaming in his ears. Saiki was consumed by anger towards himself. This tiny little island did not deserve the curse he had upon it. For days on end, Saiki blasted and battered the island.

The sky which used to be a bit too sunny for Saiki's taste turned dark. Day & night the skies were stormy. The ocean that surrounded the island surged with immense height, crashing against the shores of the small island with an unstoppable force.

Saiki didn't move a single inch and the flower he sat upon seemed to be untouched despite the intensity of his anger. Saiki was more mature than this, one shouldn't be angry for so long, not even to oneself. Not even if what he did was unforgivable...

As the island was partially on fire, partially iced, and partially sinking into the ocean, Saiki moved finally after days of sitting still in anger. He delicately petted the thin blue petals of the oversized flower. Finally looking closer, it was a blue spider lily.

'Huh? Strange.' the psychic thought numbly as he finally looked at himself. He was dressed in a dull blue yukata and his limiters, glasses, and gloves were gone. 'They're gone but I still feel my powers being suppressed.' He noted. Saiki looked to his left hand to find a familiar Germanium ring on his finger. 'Handy.' He thought.

Saiki turned to look at his other hand and saw two identical rings both on his middle finger. They were stainless steel rings with a blue stripe down the middle of the band. He stared at the rings as he twisted them around his finger.

He stared at his hands in a daze. He could see his hands. Saiki's X-ray vision prevented him from seeing himself or anyone else. All he saw was lifeless photos of them. But to actually see his own hands and not a skeleton was a big thing but Saiki was still too numb to be happy.

Finally, after fidgeting with the ring for an eternity, he plucked one of the rings off. Saiki's psychometry suddenly came to life. The memories of the ring flooded into his mind, they were so overwhelming that he stuffed the ring back on his finger. Saiki held his head in place to steady his jumbled thoughts before taking a deep breath.

'They're limiters. Where did they even come from?' Saiki thought. He lifted his head and looked around to see the result of his destruction. He stepped down and turned to look at the blue spider lily he sat upon. The flower looked beautiful in the crack of sunlight from the cloudy sky.