💙New Home

Words: 1622

Average Reading Time: 8 min.

Date Posted: 1/26/2024

----

July 18th, 1904

Night

"Excuse me, sir. I forgot to ask your name earlier. What is your name?"

"Kusuo Saiki."

"And what's the names of these sleepy little ones?"

"My little brother, Yuuta, and our cat, Amp."

"May I inquire what brings you to this lovely village??" Gyomei said adding a bit of dramatic effect to his voice at the end.

"Mm. Our parents have recently passed away. I've decided to get us a fresh new start by getting away from it all." Saiki said stiffly while using a bit of mind control to make it seem more convincing.

"Running away won't make anything better." His voice sounded like a pound of feathers.

"... Were not running away, were moving on."

"It must have been tough for guys, huh? Well, you can rest easy for a while with us."

Kaigaku yelled back at them, "It's only for tonight!"

"Right!" Gyomei yelled to him then attempted to wink at Saiki.

(I'm sorry, I was lazy here, and idk how to write small talk. Whenever I try to write it, it always sounds awkward and stiff.)

----

Upon reaching the temple, 5 children burst out the door and ran towards them. However, their enthusiasm waned upon seeing Saiki and Yuuta. Another 4 children were walking after them but stopped all the same at the entrance once they saw the two.

Their thoughts were mixed. Some were confused, some were curious, and some were even a bit afraid. But one thought stood out to Saiki, "Are they going to stay with us?" He considered it for a second, 'It does seem like a good place to stay for a while...'

They continued walking forward with Gyomei greeting the first set of children. "Hiroto, Naoki, Okimi, Shogo! I would like you to meet-"

However, before he could finish, Naoki interrupted, "Who are you?"

"Yeah, yeah! Who are you, mister?" Okimi chimed in with excitement.

Gyomei smiled at their curiosity, "As I was saying, this is Saiki Kusuo, his little brother Yuuta, and their cat Amp. They'll be staying with us for a while." Kaigaku grumbled in the back, "IF he gets approved to stay," Shogo simply smirked at him.

'Now I see. The decision to let me stay isn't made by a single person, it's a council of children.' Saiki hummed thoughtfully.

"Come on, let's go inside. It's getting dark and the demons might come out!" Gyomei playfully exclaimed, mocking a fearful tone as he made himself bigger. Okimi squealed while grabbing onto her older brother Hiroto's arm and started running to the temple. "AHHH! Run! Run! Run! Demons!" The siblings she left in the dust either jogged or walked after her. Yuuta squirmed in Saiki's arms due to her loud voice.

Once everyone had entered the temple, Gyomei excused himself, "Excuse me, Saiki-san. I need to light the Wisteria Incense to ward off the demons." With a bow, he swiftly disappeared down the hall. 'Demons?' Saiki thought while reading Gyomei's mind but it was filled with nothing but him and his siblings.