Chapter 40: A Much Needed Rest

Author's Notes

Finally here's Chapter 40, I intended to release this around Christmas but I wasn't feeling well and still kinda am. At least I got this out before New Years, so consider this a late Christmas gift from us.

Anyways, I won't delay anymore. Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone. We hope you enjoy this chapter.

This chapter is 37.4k words long.

----------

???

...

...

...

...

...

"Wake up..."

"Wake up..."

"You've rested long enough... It's time to wake up."

Sora-senpai...?

"Please wake up..."

Wake up... I need to wake up...

I feel air in my lungs, my heart beating in my chest, and... warmth pressed against my cold body...

I slowly open my eyes... and my vision is hazy, but I can make out light... I take a deep breath as my eyes slowly adjust and my vision clears up to see... a ceiling...

I try to move but some things are restricting my movement. I look down to see...

Sora-senpai clinging to me tightly with her tail wrapped around me... her face clearly stained with tears...

Dear kneeling next to bed, holding my hand and her head lowered... seemingly praying for me like when I had that fever...

Kamui is clinging to my other side and her tail is gently wrapped around one of my legs...

They're right there...

This place... This is the infirmary... at the Corridors of Time...

I'm home...

My heart is beating... my lungs are breathing... I'm still alive...

Land End...

The Blight...

The White Priestesses...

Was... it all just a dream...?

Was all that pain and suffering just a nightmare...?

'One could only pray such pain was...' An unfamiliar but comforting voice sounds in my head.

'It was real...? Lands End? The Blight? Hecate? Rosemary and Callalily?' I ask in my head.

'Your wings and tail still stand bare, do they not?' The voice asks as I suddenly realize that my dragon parts are indeed still there... I've grown accustomed to them... I didn't question the additional sensations I felt...

'If that was all real... then...' I think to myself before I feel something warm and soft right on top of me...

I look down my chest and see...

Rosemary...

I gaze at the little white priestess sleeping on top of me... I feel my emotions welling up when I notice... her skin is pure white... and so is her hair... the blight that corroded her... is gone...?

Did... we... succeed...?

We're in the Corridors of Time... on Earth...

We made it home... from Lands End...