Chapter 43: A Broke Heart's Finale

Author's Notes

After almost a month from the last, here's chapter 43.

This chapter is about 47k words long (minus the lyrics).

----------

The next day

I wake up from my sleep holding onto something warm and soft. I open my eyes and see Rinko being sandwiched by me and Jamie. I smile as Rinko looks to be sleeping peacefully in our hold. I carefully sit up on the bed and stretch before yawning.

I look around the room to see everyone still sleeping while El is using Alisa's fluffy tails as a blanket and Hoshi is using it as a bed. Deciding to go for a nice morning walk, I get out of bed and quietly leave the room. Just before I close the door, something climbs onto my shoulder.

"Did I wake you up?" I ask Hoshi and she yawns before nuzzling into my neck. I pet the silver fox pup and she quietly yips before I close the door and walk down the hallway, enjoying the peaceful and quiet morning atmosphere when I sense the spirit of the three little white priestesses follow- Wait...

I stop in my tracks and slowly turn around to see Chrysanthemum, Basil, and Carnation...

And Daisy...

And Sunny...

And Camellia...

And Angelica...

And Dandelion...

"What's wrong, Onii-chan?" Chrysanthemum asks me in concern as I stand in silence.

"Did you see something in the dark?" Basil nervously asks as she looks around the dimly lit hallway while holding onto Chrysanthemum.

"Are you okay, Onii-chan?" Carnation worriedly asks me as she walks up to me.

"Maybe Onii-chan is still sleepy...?" Daisy meekly says with her hands clasped together.

"Onii-chan! Hello! Are you okay?" Sunny asks in a raised voice as she stands on her tiptoes and waves her hand to get my attention.

"Maybe we should call someone, Onii-chan might be having a traumatic episode..." Camellia suggests with a hint of concern.

"Should we find the nice moon lady? She always knows what to do." Angelica says, swaying her arms.

"I wish Onii-chan could hear us, he can only see and hear Chrysanthemum, Basil, and Carnation so far..." Dandelion says in disappointment.

"I can... see and hear you all clearly, Dandelion..." I say, shocking all 8 little white priestesses.

"You can see... me and everyone else...?" Dandelion slowly asks in surprise and I nod in confirmation as Hoshi yips.

"You can see the rest of us now too, Onii-chan?!" Sunny asks excitedly.

"That's right, Sunny... I can..." I say with a smile, making Sunny smile and glow brightly.

"Can you see Angelica too, Onii-chan?" Angelica asks as she raises her hand.

"Yes, Angelica." I nod to her and Angelica smiles widely.

"Even me, Onii-chan...?" Daisy shyly asks.

"Yes, Daisy, even you." I say and Daisy's expression and aura lights up.

"So you were silent because you were shocked that you can now see all eight of us, Onii-chan?" Camellia theorizes.

"That's correct, Camelia, it took me by surprise and I had to process it." I nod affirmatively and Camellia smiles gently.