二十四

🎵 우예린 - 화;월

Everyone in the palace was eagerly awaiting the arrival of Royal Princess Choiseong

Everyone in the palace was eagerly awaiting the arrival of Royal Princess Choiseong. After all, the Baekje Kingdom had not been blessed with the birth of a daughter for decades. Especially after the late Queen passed away, it had been too long since they saw the graceful figure of a woman from the royal family.

Except for one person who didn't seem to be amused by the big day. The Chief Minister forced him to wear a robe specially made for that day, and Mingyu hadn't stopped complaining about how itchy and uncomfortable it was. It was heavier, thicker--Mingyu's already muscular body looked even more muscular.

"Why do I have to do this?" Mingyu frowned with a heavy sigh, for the nth times, "And why do I have to wear this?" He grumbled while shooking his loose sleeve.

"Because we can't just tell the Princess to turn away and go home after all the effort she made to come here." Jisoo handed Mingyu his sheathed sword for him to put back in his sword belt.

"It's just a formal feast. It'll pass in no time." Dokyeom patted his broad back, giving him support.

Jisoo looked Mingyu up and down to make sure his robe was presented perfectly, "Besides, it's not a bad thing. As a King, it's good to have good relations with neighboring Kingdoms." He said while doing that.

"Hopefully the Princess doesn't expect anything more from this meeting." Mingyu stood up from his seat, preparing to walk towards the main hall where the lively feast and entertainment would be held.

The three of them were waiting for the guards to open the door for them. Jisoo glanced at Mingyu. He seems conflicted between his position as a friend and as an advisor who should encourage the King to do what benefits the palace.

"Has it really never crossed your mind to consider the marriage?"

"Jisoo." It was Dokyeom who immediately responded to Jisoo's question. His eyes shifted to Jisoo who was staring at Mingyu--still demanding an answer.

Meanwhile, Mingyu didn't show too much reactions. He was still staring at the closed doors with his arms crossed behind his back. Soft creaking sound was heard when the guards finally opened it, revealing Seungcheol who had just arrived to pick him up.

"Even if I agree to a marriage, I'll choose my bride myself." Mingyu took one step forward after Seungcheol moved aside, "I'm sure it's already clear enough who I wanted."

The three of them watched Mingyu walked off to the main hall. They all watch in silent--no words exchanged, no eye contact were made.

Seungcheol however, despite not knowing exactly what the conversation was about. The thing he heard about who Mingyu would want as his bride drowned him in his thoughts. He knew exactly who it was--the same person he also wished to be his bride, if the world were kind enough to allow it.