Chapter 17

AUTHORS NOTE AT EMD IS IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ! OR ELSE...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christy's POV

I was so happy. We had escaped, and now I was home with my family. Everything was perfect until I got a call from Louis.

"Hey Lou! Vas happenin?" I said, using my dream boyfriends saying.

"N-nothing. C-can y-you come d-down to the h-hospital? N-now?" he asked. He sounded as if he had been crying. Like he was still crying. What happened?

"Of course Lou. I'll be there in 5."

"O-ok. S-see y-you s-soon."

I sighed. I grabbed my purse, quickly brushed through my hair, and jumped in my car. In a few minutes, I arrived at the hospital. I walked over to the receptionist desk.

"I'm here to see Liam Payne?" I asked.

"Name." she said in a bored voice.

"Christy."

"First door to the left."

"Thank you!" I said cheerfully. I walked in the room and saw everyone was crying.

"Hello?" I asked cautiously.

"H-hey C-Christy." Harry said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Z-Zayn i-is-" Liam stopped, unable to continue. Harry, Louis, and Paul wrapped him in a group hug. Louis handed me a cell phone, and I unlocked it. I read the text message and gasped.

"Zayn," I cried. No, no no no. He couldn't be dead. This isn't happening. It can't.

"Christy?" Harry asked.

"He can't be dead. It can't happen." I said.

"I know." he replied.

"Why? Why him? Of all people. WHY!" I screamed. This couldn't be happening. It just can't.

"I-I k-know." Harry repeated. I sank to my knees, holding my head in my hands as I began to sob. I heard the door open and Alli walked in. She looked around in shock.

"What happened? Are you guys ok? Where's Zayn and Niall?" she asked. I gave her a sad look.

"Dead." I whispered. Her eyes widened.

"T-their both dead?"

"No. I don't know. Zayn is. We don't know about Niall." I said glumly. My body was numb. I couldn't feel anything. All emotion was gone. I was hollow.

"My goodness! I'm s-so-" she was cut of by the flow of tears. Harry went over and embraced her. She crumpled down next to me. We sat in silence for close to an hour.

"Guys. I have a new message. It's from Zayn's phone." Paul's voice interrupted.

"Read it." I heard Louis. Most of us had calmed down at least enough to talk. Only Liam was still unable to talk.

"Ok. It says: 'The luck of the Irish isn't going to help anymore. The ceremony will take place tomorrow, in the Grand Canyon, at 5:30 pm. I'd recommend coming. It'll be your last time seeing Niall.' Oh gosh." Paul said shocked.

"What?" I asked.

"The Grand Canyon is in Arizona, U.S.A. In order to get there in time we would have to leave immediately, but Liam can't."

"Yes I can! I have to! You read it! They're going to kill Niall tomorrow! We have to stop that from happening! The private jet has a medical room! Come on Paul!" Liam yelled.