Authors Note/ Upcoming/ Untamed Needs prologue

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hello, my lovely readers. If you have made it all the way here, please accept my sincere and heartfelt gratitude for reading my book. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Kira and Sergei have been a wild ride, and I have adored every step of writing them. They are some of the most complex characters I have created, with endless dimensions and layers—which is almost paradoxical, considering my main characters are a sociopath and psychopath.

Now, before we get to what's next, a couple of things.

First of all, and I cannot stress this enough, please go back to old chapters to leave comments/ votes, and interact with this book. If you loved it, share it with your friends or in groups with readers that you think might enjoy it. On top of me taking all of these things into account while writing, a healthy algorithm is crucial to continue growing my audience, which I hope to do.

If you'd like more content, I have an Inkitt account which I'm more active on, under the same username. I have some very exciting books there, so if you have an Inkitt, give me a follow and you'll have access to more work.

Please follow me on Instagram, where I will be more actively posting book excerpts, snippets, and more: @authorofnightmaresrose

UPCOMING:

I will begin posting Untamed Needs, a shifter romance that reimagines the idea of wolves and witches in an entire new world with unique twists unlike most werewolf romances on these platforms. If you're interested, I'll put the prologue at the end of this post. Untamed Needs is almost finished on Inkitt.

Muses and Monsters is my newest (and in my opinion most exciting) project. It's a dark academia romance with a love triangle comprising two very dark leads, one very talented dancer, and a whole lot of mind-fuckery. If you choose to pursue just one of my books after enjoying TDW, I'd recommend Muses and Monsters, as one of the male leads could pass as the lovechild of Kira and Sergei. I'll post the two-part prologue in the next two chapters of this book. It is currently being posted exclusively on Inkitt, but if you're interested, let me know in the comments and I'll also start posting it here.

I am not done with the world I created in The Darkness Within. Bettina and Igor will have their own book. Book 2 will be my focus once I have completed Untamed Needs. Alternatively, I could start writing Bettina and Igor's story sooner, however if I do that it will be on a subscription tier on Patreon. For 2 updates/ week (2 chapters that will range between 1900 and 2500 words) I would charge 5$/ month, in return for a total of eight chapters a month. If you are interested in seeing TDW 2 sooner and would be willing to subscribe, please comment to let me know. I'd like to clarify that even if I start a Patreon, TDW 2 will still be posted for everyone to read, just on a slower timetable. I would update the free version of the book once every two weeks, if I end up taking the subscription route.

UNTAMED NEEDS BLURB/ EXCERPT:

Blurb: Camden Kent is an Alpha, gearing to go to war, Sierra West is a woman with a dark, hidden secret. When two halves of a raging soul meet, chaos ensues.

Prologue:

Camden Kent

I stare silently at the Rockwell pack's witch doctor and oracle as he sits across a large wooden desk from me. We're in the room he uses for his practices and studies, an eccentric space full of books sitting neatly on bookshelves, and hundreds of herbs and ingredients bursting from various surfaces.

The room always has a lingering scent of sage in the air, as Claude always cleanses his space after any ritual, but today there's also a fresh scent of jasmine accompanying. Jasmine, which will be used in a mixture to help locate my soulmate.