Chapter :02 Two

~Sunny~

Lyla

I looked around the house as my grandmother led me to my room. The house inside was just as colorful as it was outside.

There were many paintings at the most random places.

I followed her upstairs then down the hallway until she stopped outside a door.

She took out a key then unlocked a door before opening it, then letting me walk in first, before walking in after me then  closing the door behind her.

I looked around the room and it had many swimming posters around the walls and an area where many medals were hung and it had a blue color theme.

"This room was your mother's." My grandma said and I continued to look around.

"My mother used to swim?" I asked.

"She was one of the best in town."

"Really?"

"Yes, she even almost went pro."

"What happened to stop her?"

"Your father."

I walked up to the medals then held one in my hand.

"You can redecorate the room Tommorow, to your liking."

I nod my head as I continued looking around the room.

My grandma walked out of the room walking back in a while later with a box in her hand.

She began gently placing my mother's things inside.

"I will keep them in my room. Your mother asked me to have you have this room." She finished putting all my mother's things in the box.

She was about to leave when I stopped her. "May I ask? What was happening here, I mean since they were decorations being taken down at town square?" I asked her and she turned around to face me.

"Oh that. It was the start of Summer festival." She explained smiling at me before walking out, closing the door behind her.

I put down my bags then took out my notebook, which I wrote everything in, from my to-do list, to my thoughts and sometimes I would write a bit of poetry.

I walked up to the desk and sat down then began reading back my poems.

~°~°~°~

I was watching my grandma paint when the front door opened and then closed and a girl who looked to be around my age walked into the living room.

She had dark brown curly hair and big matching brown eyes she also had faint freckles. And was clad in pastel yellow and pink skirt and tank top set.

"Hello Miss Diana." She greeted my grandma then her eyes met mine and a smile formed on her face.

"Oh hi Hazel." My grandma greeted her back then looked up from her painting to look at her.

"Hi." She greeted me the smile still on her face.

I was about to greet her back when my grandma spoke, "Hazel this is my granddaughter Lyla she is visiting for the Summer, and Lyla this is Hazel she lives next door and always comes over to paint with me." My grandma introduced us to each other.

"Hi." I greeted her back.

"Miss Diana, why didn't you tell me sooner that your granddaughter was visiting? I needed a new friend."

She had really pretty hair.

"I love your hair it looks like a..." I covered my mouth with my hand before I could say anything possibly offensive unintentionally, even if it's supposed to be a compliment .

"Thanks." She thanked me.

"I have to show you around town tomorrow and introduce you to people and have you taste the fruit here, by the way they are delicious." She said in one breath.

"Hazel, I'm sure Lyla would love that." My grandma smiled at her then at me.

"I will see you tomorrow, Lyla ." She walked out of the living room then made her way to the front door before it opened then closed.

After she left a dog ran into the living room from the kitchen. It was a light brown golden retriever with a yellow collar around his neck.

A smile formed on my face at the the sight of a dog.

"Where have you been bud? " My grandma asked the dog and the dog ran up to my feet then began running around me causing me to giggle.

"Is he yours?" I asked and she nod. "His name is Sunny."

I kneeled down taking Sunny into my arms then sat down on the couch.

I loved dogs so much. When I was younger I had four, their names where, Water, windy, earthy and flame. I thought I was cool when I was younger, after naming my dogs after the four elements.

To be fair I was seven. And I definitely thought I was so cool at seven because I  thought I was older and I used to think after six is when people become pre adults, Oh my I was odd.