Chapter :17 Seventeen

~Late night walk~

Lyla

"Lyla, can you please take the cookies out of the oven? I have to take this call. " My mom said to me as she washed her hands and picked up her phone then walked out of the kitchen.

I got up from the bar stool and walked up to the oven then wore the oven gloves before opening the oven and taking out the cookies.

It was ten pm at night. My mother really loved baking late at night.

I put the cookies in a bowl then put the second batch into the oven.

"Okay, thank you goodbye." My mom walked back into the kitchen and put her phone down on the island.

"Thank you, dear." She thanked me.

"I should have just used the moving company my friend recommended. It's been a week and I am still waiting for them to come." She said.

"When did they say they will come?" I asked her.

"They said last week Tuesday, and now they are telling me they will come tomorrow." She said frustratedly.

There was a knock on the door and I went to answer the door.

I opened the door and I was met with my friends. "We are going on a late night walk, do you want to come?" Hazel asked me.

One thing I love the most about Seaside Bay is that it's safe and late night walks are very common amongst us.

"Of course." I answered her.

"Mom, I'm going out with my friends I will be back at around eleven pm!" I called out to her and she replied with 'okay. "

I closed the door. Hayden held out his hand to me and I held it. Then the six of us began walking.

Hayden and I were walking so slow that there was a big gap between us and Hazel and Rylan. Cori and Cora were far infront.

" When was the last time I called you heart? This thing of nicknames is hard to maintain." I said and Hayden chuckled.

" I want to cut my hair." I said.

"Why?" He questioned.

"I have had long hair my whole life I want  a bit of change." I replied.

"Actually, no I don't. I love my long hair." I added and he chuckled.

"I can never be bored around you." He said.

"You totally could. If I don't talk to you." I said and he shook his head and smiled.

~°~°~°~°~°

"Sunny slow down." I said to sunny as he  ran very fast. We were on our morning walk.

Sunny really loved the park so every time after I get him his treat he would begin running very fast to the park.

We reached the park and Hayden was not at the swings causing me to wonder, because he was always there everyday.

I found Cora and Cori walking around the park. "Guys, have you guys seen Hayden today?" I asked them.

"No, he is probably at home." Cora replied and I thanked them.

Hayden was never at home during the day.

I took out my phone and called him but he did not answer his phone. I called him another six times still no answer.

I called Hazel who did not answer her phone then called Rylan who answered.

"Hey Ly." He greeted me and I greeted him back.

"What's up?" He asked me.

"Uh I just wanted to ask if you have heard from Hayden today?" I asked him.

"Oh uh, he is at home. It's uh, the day his mother passed away." He answered me with a sad tone.

"He usually spends this day alone and it hurts me to know he is not okay, you know, his my best frienda." He added.

"Okay, thank you. Goodbye." I said then ended the call.

~°~°~°~°

I looked out the window as I tapped my pen on my notebook.

The only sound in my room was the sound of my pen and the ticking of the clock.

Is Hayden doing okay? Was all that played in my mind.

I got up from my desk then began walking up and down, fighting the urge to go to his house, he probably wanted to be alone.

I did not fight strong enough and ended up walking out of my room and going down the stairs then out of the house.

Hayden's house was three houses down from mine.

I knocked on the door and supprisingly he answered the door in just a few minutes.

"Hayden." I began. "Are you okay, the thought of you not being okay pains me and I know you probably are not okay and-" I asked him and he hugged me.

He said nothing and just hugged me. We stayed like that for a while before he let go.

"I am better." He said.

"T-" He cut me short. "You remind me of my mom a lot." He said and I smiled.

"Stay with me, please."He asked  and I nod.