Chapter :18 Eighteen

~

Lyla

"Lyla, do you know what I realized lately?" Noah asked me as him and Nina walked with me, as I was walking home from the supermarket.

"What did you realize lately, Noah?" I asked him and he stood in front of me and crossed his arms.

"You have not been buying the world's best candy, from me by the way." He said and I smiled.

"You sold me five bags yesterday." I said and he made a shocked expression.

"Me! No ways. Anyways just got new stock and I thought of my favorite customer, to be the first one to buy the candy. It's only five dollars." He said.

"By the way the new bag of candy is ten times better than the old bag." Nina began.

"Ask Hayden to buy it for me." I said and they looked at each other and frowned.

"He won't." Noah sighed.

"Tell him I said please, he will." I added and they looked at each other and smiled then walked away.

I arrived home then opened the door and walked in closing the door behind me.

I walked into the kitchen and put down the groceries my grandma asked me to buy on the island.

I walked out of the kitchen and made my way to the living room where I found my grandma painting.

"Hello Sunflower." She greeted me not taking her eyes of her painting.

"Hi grandma." I sat down on the couch and began watching her paint.

"Your mother is going to be on TV later. She led the swimming team to the towns  swimming competition finals." Grandma said and I smiled.

"That's wonderfu-"I was cut short by a knock on the door.

I got up from the couch and made my way to answer the door.

I opened the door and was met by Noah and Nina.

" Our stock has run out. "Noah began letting out a sigh.

" How? "I asked.

" Hayden bought all our candy, which was forty bags. "Nina said and I was shocked.

" Here you go. "Noah took out forty bags of candy and handed them to me and I could barely hold all of them in my hands.

" Atleast we are two hundred dollars richer. Let's go to Cora and Cori and ask them for more stock. "They high fived each other then walked away.

I smiled as I looked at the forty bags of candy then frowned at the thought of having forty bags of candy.

I closed the door using my foot then made my way upstairs to my room and put the bags of candy on my bed before sitting down on my bed and taking out my phone.

I called Hayden and he answered after two rings.

"Thanks for the candy." I thanked him. "But one bag would have been enough." I added a smile on my face.

"The twins said, you said please." He said and I smiled even more.

"If I did not say please you would have only gotten me one?"

"No, you would still have gotten forty bags of candy."

We began talking about the most random things for an hour until we ended the call.

~°~°~°~°~

Grandma and I were sat in the living room waiting for mom to be interviewed on TV.

Sunny ran into the living room and jumped onto the couch then sat on my lap.

"Miss Taylor, you also went to the towns swimming competitions finals for your town, growing up, am I correct?" The lady interviewing mom asked her.

"Yes, and seeing the swimming team I grew up in go to finals makes me so happy." She replied.

"What would you say got the team to where they are at the moment." The lady asked.

"They did not give up and practiced every day. When I was younger I gave up on my dreams and went the complete opposite direction but now I am back doing what I love and I always tell the team to never give up." She answered.

We watched the rest of the interview and I could not stop smiling the entire time.

I love seeing my mother happy because growing up I never really saw her much happy.

" This was the path I needed to take from the beginning. "She ended the interview.

I looked at grandma and she had tears of joy in her eyes." I am glad she is back, and doing what she loves. "Grandma had a smile on her face.

I am glad too.