Chapter 1

All my life has revolved around my mother’s expectations and how she wanted me to be, but it did not take long before I entered my rebellious teen years that made me more independent towards her. My father was mostly absent in my life, but he was generous enough to pay child support, helping my mother sustain me and my little brother who was the golden child until he later rebelled against my mother too.

My childhood was not easy with the constant abuse of my mother, whether it was physical or mental. My mind flooding with her constant wishes of killing myself or that she should have aborted me was deteriorating my well-being at the early age of eleven. In a physical sense, she was brutal with her punishments, but my memories were very vague, leaving me with only some recollections I wish they were fabricated by my poor imagination.

All throughout high school I was what they called the ”quiet kid”, but not in the American way of defying that, since my country was strict with guns which made them hardly accessible and almost impossible to require by regular civilians.

I always came off to people as blunt, rude, arrogant, and antisocial in every part of my childhood, but I did not know how to use my words accurately without pissing people off. Of course, since I was a weird child, I had my fair share of morbid curiosity and questionable hobbies that would disturb most people. And that would be another reason of my silent and reserved behavior, making me an odd individual.

An important exam came in my 12th grade of high school, but luckily, I passed the examination and went to study aboard in Sweden. I decided to get a degree in Software Engineering, since it woukd be very useful for my future and my skills would be sought by vary companies. Sweden was where I got to experience my freedom for the first time without many expectations and I loved every moment of it.