11 || ginny weasley

// So. I lost my outline so who knows where this is going now. I guess we'll all find out together. Update on my life - I have moved states twice, I'm now 18 years old, I'm employed (I spend all my money on fandom related things, of course), and my current obsession is Marvel rather than Harry Potter but I recently remembered how fun it was to write this fic so. No promises, senior year of high school goes wild. But. There is a CHANCE I will end up regularly updating this fic. I'm genuinely so surprised it got so popular? Thank you so much! But alas, as fanfiction readers you surely know that updates are never guaranteed. Possible, though. Enjoy. //

Harry - September 9, 1998

Harry's mouth was stuffed full of scrambled eggs when Ginny Weasley squeezed in between him and Draco Malfoy at the 8th year's table that morning. He caught a whiff of her perfume - something light yet woodsy - right as he heard Draco mutter, "Well excuse me, mini Weasley." Harry covered his mouth in surprise as he hurriedly tried to swallow his overlarge bite as Ginny turned to him excitedly.

"Harry! It is my honor, as Gryffindor's newest Quidditch captain-"

"Wait, you're our captain?" Harry exclaimed.

"Yes, Harry. Haven't you been paying attention? Anyway. As your wonderful girlfriend and fellow Quidditch star, I want to invite you to Gryffindor's Quidditch tryouts tonight! 4 pm, on the dot. I know how much you love Quidditch. I want you to be there, and... maybe we can do something afterwards? Together?" Ginny smiled at him expectantly.

Harry blinked. His lips curled up in a smile at the prospect of being back on the pitch. Not to fly, granted, but... "Yes. Wow, yes, of course, Ginny. That sounds lovely!"

"Wonderful! Well... I'll see you later, then... babe," Ginny grinned, leaned over to give Harry a kiss on the cheek, and walked her way back to the main Gryffindor table.

Her words finally sunk in. It wouldn't just be Quidditch. It would be a date. With Ginny. His girlfriend... who he saw as a sister. His smile dropped.

"Well, shit," he muttered.

Draco scooted back towards Harry now that the spot had once again been vacated. "I wasn't aware you were... dating someone so rude," he scoffed.

Harry looked at him. Aware of the gossip-inclined audience surrounding them, Harry replied, "What are you talking about? She's... she's Ginny, she's sweet, and kind, and a very... loving girlfriend."

Draco pursed his lips. "Hmm. Alright. I didn't realize it was that serious," He stabbed his fork into his breakfast potatoes and looked down at his plate, a small grimace upon his lips.

Harry frowned. He had no idea what his problem was. He thought he had been perfectly clear to Draco that his relationship with Ginny meant nothing. Besides, he and Draco were just friends. Right?

Draco didn't talk to him the rest of the meal.

---

Harry had brushed off Draco's bad mood by the time 5 pm rolled around. He couldn't say he was excited for the entire night, but he couldn't wait to step foot on the Quidditch pitch once again. So, after pulling on an old Weasley Christmas sweater to combat the brisk evening air, he made his way down to the pitch. He couldn't help but smile as he got closer and closer. His steps quickened.

Before he knew it, the stands rose up around him and he could see a gaggle of Gryffindors, as young as first year (although he's still pretty sure they cannot yet play Quidditch), all surrounding a confident-looking Ginny Weasley in scarlet Quidditch gear. He approaches, excited to see who could possibly be on Gryffindor's team this year, and Ginny raises her hand as she spots him.