3 || father stop with the marriage plans we're both gay

// for the record, I have no idea if Pansy's parents names are mentioned in canon or not and I'm too lazy to look it up so I'm just gonna make them up oop //

Draco - August 2, 1998

The air was very awkward. The only sounds were of clinking utensils on dishes (Narcissa's best china, of course, magically unbreakable) and the faint chewing noises coming from Pansy Parkinson's father. Draco was having a hard time not wrinkling his nose at that.

Lucius cleared his throat. "We are so happy to have you here, Mr. and Mrs. Parkinson."

"And of course, you as well, dear Pansy," Narcissa added with a tight smile. Pansy smiled politely, but only Draco noticed the mischievous glint in her eye. He could tell she was imagining their marriage and the various side chicks she would bring to their mansion. Of course, her parents didn't know she was a raging homosexual.

Draco shook the thought of him procreating with Pansy Parkinson out of his head just as his father said, "So, as Draco has not recieved a soulmate yet, we-"

Pansy giggled.

"What's so funny, young lady?" her father asked in a patronizing tone.

"Oh, nothing," Pansy said airily, gently placing a sliver of steak into her mouth with a ghost of a smile.

Her father looked quite tense after Pansy's utterly un-pureblood-like outburst.

"As I was saying," Lucius cleared his throat, "if all is in order, we can continue with the official courting process for Draco and Pansy and have the wedding over their holiday break in December."

"I believe it is, Lucius," Vilis Parkinson said gruffly, but Pansy coughed into her silk handkerchief.

"Oh, but... What if I get a soulmate before then?" she said. Her face portrayed politeness, but Draco saw a smirk written all over this.

"I believe it's too late now," Vilis said sternly.

"Oh, alright," Pansy said. Lucius opened his mouth to speak, but Pansy interjected yet again.

"What if Draco gets his soulmate? I feel that should be taken into consideration," she said with mock seriousness.

"I- well-" Vilis began.

"Draco, do you have a soulmate yet?" Lucius suddenly addressed him.

Draco nearly choked on his water.

"I- er-" He picked up his napkin and dabbed his mouth in a very pureblood fashion, then started again.

"No, I do not," he said.

But suddenly, images of Harry Potter, in all his carefree, messy-haired, selfless glory infiltrated his mind, and he couldn't help a flush rising to his cheeks.

Narcissa stared at him curiously, a moment to long. He made sure not to make eye contact. His mother was the most skilled Occlumens he knew.

He also made a note to avoid her for the next month so she wouldn't try to weasel answers out of him. She cared for him, but Draco assumed that she may not be so accepting to find out her son was bent.

"Well then," Lucius said, noting the awkward look on Draco's face, "we should have no issue. Right, Draco."

"No, no issues, Father."

His mother glanced at him again, then said, "Oria, where did you get that lovely dress?"

"Oh, it was a tailor up in..."

Draco released a breath and tuned out everything around him. The rest of the meal went as smoothly as a pureblood dinner intended to pair up two people could go.

Later that night, he excused himself from tea and walked to the nearest sitting room, collapsing onto a loveseat with green velvet upholstery, his arm over his face. He was tired of this pureblood bullshit.

Mere moments after one small minute of peace passed, Draco heard the click of heels in the stone corridor outside and groaned. The large oak door creaked open and in flounced Pansy holding a glass of wine on one hand and her wand in the other, floating a tray of crackers and a bottle of champagne behind her.

"What do you want, Pans," Draco mumbled.

"Not happy to see me, are you, Dray? Your future... fiancée?" she smirked. She set the tray, the bottle, and the glass down on the futon.

"Oh, shut up. Pans, you nearly gave away the fact that I have a soulmate! Why would you do that!" Draco said, suddenly angry.

Pansy was unbothered. She untied the conservative yet fancy dress robes (no doubt chosen by her mother) and removed them to reveal a tight, black velvet minidress with lace accents that definitely was too short to be approved by her mother. Not to mention it looked very muggle and was 100% what Pansy would wear to attract nearby lesbians.

"Merlin, Pansy, it's almost like you're trying to seduce me," Draco said dryly.

"Do continue flattering yourself, darling," Pansy said as she primly sat down and picked up her wine again. Her bloodred lips were the same color as the liquid. Draco supposed whoever she ended up with would be a lucky woman indeed.

"So, why did you bother me, again?" Draco said.

"My presence is a blessing, Draco. But, the reason I graced you with my company, dear friend, is because I want to know if you are going to make a move on your literal fucking soulmate or just ignore him until he does like the absolute bottom you are," Pansy said.

Draco looked at her incredulously. "Pansy, you are mistaken. I am not a bottom."

"Keep telling yourself that," she smirked.

"Moving on now, thank you. I intend to let Potter come to me, because I am to refined to follow him around like a lovesick puppy," Draco huffed.

"You acted like a lovesick puppy last night."

"I did not!"

"You said it, not me," Pansy shrugged. Draco stuffed a cracker into his mouth so he wouldn't have to reply.

"But honestly, Draco," she said, her tone gentler now, "if you ever want to start something with Potter, I will help. You've liked him since you first saw him. I know you, and you'd be elated if he even agreed to be friends. If I were you, I'd try."

As she finished, Oria's voice called, "Pansy, dear, it's time to leave," from the other room.

Pansy stood up and put her dress robes back on, walking toward the door. Before exiting, she turned back, saying, "Just think about it, okay?"

Draco stared after her until the click of her heels faded away, then stood up to see her and her family out like a proper Malfoy heir.

There's no way Harry Potter would let Draco near him. Even after Pansy's "pep talk," Draco wasn't sure whether rejection was worth it in the long run.

He banished all thoughts of how he would love to touch Harry Potter's fit Quidditch body and left the room.

// OKAY IM SORRY I MAY HAVE GONE OVERBOARD WITH THE DESCRIPTION BUT IM KINDA A SIMP FOR PANSY OKAY DONT JUDGE ME SJSNBSJSK

As always, if you enjoyed this chapter, please vote, I'd really appreciate it!! And, of course, I love reading all your comments. Ily!! xx James♥️ //